• The KillerFrogs

The Harris/Biden Administration: Coming Together to Build Back Better

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Let us know when you get to the bottom of 9/11, sandy hook, etc. Oh wait.

I look forward to the lunatic wing of the House GOP spending the next two years on WhErEs HuNtEr instead of actual important work like reviewing the Afghanistan withdrawal and critical supply chain shortages, like baby formula. That’ll have a nice effect of shooting themselves in the foot within voters rather than doing any good for the country or their own 2024 political prospects.
Sort of like looking forward to Democrats suing Trump over 14th amendment violations for the next two years. Going to go through a lot of popcorn before the 2024 election.

CountryFrog

I can’t imagine how little someone has to understand about K12 education, especially K-8, to believe this. Just absolutely moronic. Anyone who writes this kind of [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] - much less believe it - sews on their own idiot scarlet letter.

People should spend a week a 3rd or 6th grade classroom. They’re teaching basics. Not this [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] your loony congressperson is faux mad about to make you angry and get your vote
I don't claim this is happening in 100% of schools. There are some really great teachers and administrators out there who won't let this stuff anywhere near their classroom and I applaud them. Still lots and lots of people who put the kids first and want to do a great job, particularly in the lower levels.

But I'm not just referring to K-12 education here. The universities are a cesspool with this crap. I don't know if it's happening in 10% of classrooms, 30%, 60%, whatever. I know it's not 100% and I know for an absolute fact that it's not 0%. There are people with entire careers based on this stuff. There are teachers and professors all over the country publicly stating that they view themselves as both educators and activists. Teachers unions are putting out statements about how NO ONE understands what kids need most better than their teachers. Democratic politicians are openly mocking the idea that parents should be the leaders in their child's education.

So for those who say "it's not happening" then the obvious question is "Have you been inside every single classroom in the entire country?" Because that's the only way you could definitively say that it's not happening.

Last edited:

An-Cap Frog

I look forward to the lunatic wing of the House GOP spending the next two years on WhErEs HuNtEr instead of actual important work like reviewing the Afghanistan withdrawal and critical supply chain shortages, like baby formula. That’ll have a nice effect of shooting themselves in the foot within voters rather than doing any good for the country or their own 2024 political prospects.
9/11 was blowback...

Wexahu

Didn't someone on this thread say we were all basically nuts for saying this would start happening across the country? Or something like that. I can't remember exactly who. Zubaz, do you remember?
Yes, Zubaz was mocking people for making a big deal out of men competing against women. I guess I should say "biological males that have transitioned to females" so I don't get into trouble.

If my daughter was a high-level athlete (hell, even if she wasn't high-level) and wasn't placing as high as she should because she had to compete against a former dude I'd be pretty miffed.

Dogfrog

Agree, first on the agenda should be impeaching Mayorkas. Then following the Biden, Inc investigation, impeach Biden. Of course neither will be found guilty, because Kamala. But that is secondary. Taking a page from the Dem dirty playbook, the whole idea is just create chaos for two years. Seems to have worked for them.

TCUdirtbag

I was looking for your posts objecting to the Dems hounding Trump for the last 6 years but couldn't find them.

BTW, since Dems had the senate, house and president, why didn't THEY solve those issues.

On the first, Donald Trump was the president. Hunter Biden is not. In fact, he’s not in government at all. Voters view it differently (see the last 3 elections).

On the second, that’s exactly my point! There’s plenty to make a stink about! Yet rather than learn the lessons of 2018, 2020, and 2022, they are rolling out the anti-Hunter Biden investigation plan in hopes maybe-just-maybe it’ll work this time!

TCUdirtbag

I don't claim this is happening in 100% of schools. There are some really great teachers and administrators out there who won't let this stuff anywhere near their classroom and I applaud them. Still lots and lots of people who put the kids first and want to do a great job, particularly in the lower levels.

But I'm not just referring to K-12 education here. The universities are a cesspool with this crap. I don't know if it's happening in 10% of classrooms, 30%, 60%, whatever. I know it's not 100% and I know for an absolute fact that it's not 0%. There are people with entire careers based on this stuff. There are teachers and professors all over the country publicly stating that they view themselves as both educators and activists. Teachers unions are putting out statements about how NO ONE understands what kids need most better than their teachers. Democratic politicians are openly mocking the idea that parents should be the leaders in their child's education.

So for those who say "it's not happening" then the obvious question is "Have you been inside every single classroom in the entire country?" Because that's the only way you could definitively say that it's not happening.
Fair perspective. I can even agree with much of this. A much more reasoned argument.

I have to admit though it’s very rich to hear the “SNOWFLAKE!” crowd being scared of a few ivory tower loons teaching their perspectives to adult learners. Much of higher ed now is business and engineering etc. It’s very easy, while weak, to self-select out of topics and perspectives you find objectionable. Even if you can’t, putting up with other people’s opinions—including those in a position of power—is an important life skill. Liberal students in business schools (ie Neeley) don’t seem to run around crying about their conservative profs. But one PhD level education professor specializing in CRT that teaches like 10 doctoral students is enough for conservatives to try and burn down an entire university. There are a lot of bad faith actors with agendas out there who are magnifying this stuff through instant media to pervert the reality at every level. Are there loons and idiots and bad actors in education? Certainly! Are institutions stacked to be center-left? Many are, sure. Are they hostile and inaccessible to conservatives or entirely single-minded? Mostly no. Are there a diversity of perspectives in most places? Absolutely. Should we all turn down the victim mentality? Also yes. Will we? Of course not—not so long as it’s a bad faith but effective political punching bag or bad faith but effective vote motivator

Last edited:

Jet Set Frog

I can’t imagine how little someone has to understand about K12 education, especially K-8, to believe this. Just absolutely moronic. Anyone who writes this kind of [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] - much less believe it - sews on their own idiot scarlet letter.

People should spend a week a 3rd or 6th grade classroom. They’re teaching basics. Not this [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] your loony congressperson is faux mad about to make you angry and get your vote
Md. school district that pushed LGBTQ readings for pre-K says books promoting 'American values' have 'agenda'

TCUdirtbag

You can identify the sensationalizing of this story in the first sentence. The district “unveiled an LGBTQ-inclusive book list.” I’ll let others do the digging to confirm, but this does not say they taught or required these books. It doesn’t even say they made the books available. It just says they published a list. If you don’t want your kid to read books on the LGBTQ-inclusive book list then……don’t buy them. Same goes for the books on the race-inclusive book list. Or whatever-else-inclusive or non-inclusive book list.

So they published an LGBTQ-inclusive book list. Big whoop. There are probably LGBTQ parents or allies that asked for and/or appreciated it. It’s a public school so they can’t discriminate on the base of gender.

Can’t you see how this is being blown out of proportion to fit a political narrative?

Last edited:

Wexahu

Fair perspective. I can even agree with much of this. A much more reasoned argument.

I have to admit though it’s very rich to hear the “SNOWFLAKE!” crowd being scared of a few ivory tower loons teaching their perspectives to adult learners. Much of higher ed now is business and engineering etc. It’s very easy, while weak, to self-select out of topics and perspectives you find objectionable. Even if you can’t, putting up with other people’s opinions—including those in a position of power—is an important life skill. Liberal students in business schools (ie Neeley) don’t seem to run around crying about their conservative profs. But one PhD level education professor specializing in CRT that teaches like 10 doctoral students is enough for conservatives to try and burn down an entire university. There are a lot of bad faith actors with agendas out there who are magnifying this stuff through instant media to pervert the reality at every level. Are there loons and idiots and bad actors in education? Certainly! Are institutions stacked to be center-left? Many are, sure. Are they hostile and inaccessible to conservatives or entirely single-minded? Mostly no. Are there a diversity of perspectives in most places? Absolutely. Should we all turn down the victim mentality? Also yes. Will we? Of course not—not so long as it’s a bad faith but effective political punching bag or bad faith but effective vote motivator
Very similar to the BLM movement.

CountryFrog

Jeez you really went off the rails there after that first paragraph. You know, not EVERYONE who thinks that there are bad things happening is a snowflake or has a "victim mentality." But of course no one in practice utilizes the victim mentality more often or with more vitriol than the leftists and particularly the trans activists and race hustlers.

TCUdirtbag

Jeez you really went off the rails there after that first paragraph. You know, not EVERYONE who thinks that there are bad things happening is a snowflake or has a "victim mentality." But of course no one in practice utilizes the victim mentality more often or with more vitriol than the leftists and particularly the trans activists and race hustlers.
Sorry universities are so triggering for you, then, I guess? (If you think that reasonable assessment containing criticisms of both extremes was "off the rails", and given your weird response, it seems you really didn't understand my comments.)