• The KillerFrogs

The Harris/Biden Administration: Coming Together to Build Back Better

HFrog1999

dead wink martindale GIF

LVH

Republicans focusing their energy and taxpayer money on chasing Hunter Biden and the “big guy” rabbit holes would be a huge disappointment. Are we not tired of these vindictive political investigations? They’re all nonsense that go nowhere. For God sake focus on things outside of Washington DC. Be the change. Our economy is in a recession and there are huge issues abroad. Fix those
I actually agree with you here because the GOP has shown that they are really bad at these things. Benghazi, Fast & Furious, IRS Targeting, the "hearings" they hold were all a total joke. They wagged their finger for the cameras and let out some soundbites they could use in campaign ads, but held no one accountable. And with the likely GOP leadership, the same would happen in regards to anything Hunter Biden related. They'd hold a hearing or two to say they did it, wag their finger, and hold no one accountable. It would be a joke, and it would not go over well in terms of public opinion. I'd support it if they actually went in with a mission to hold people accountable, but no chance that happens with the incompetent GOP leadership.

LVH

I don't think investigations into corruption are political theater if there is actual corruption. J6 hearings are political theater, but we can see the actual corruption and malice forming within the FBI and DOJ and to allow that to metastasize because Republicans are afraid of how the media will portray them is a colossal mistake. DC needs to be gutted to its core, and I agree that can be done concurrently while working for the people, but it has to be done or the country is doomed.
The sad thing is under the leadership of Kevin McCarthy and Mitch McConnell, they will stonewall any actual investigation/accountability for the 3 letter agencies. Just like Bill Barr, Durham and Huber did before that.

FrogUltimate

I actually agree with you here because the GOP has shown that they are really bad at these things. Benghazi, Fast & Furious, IRS Targeting, the "hearings" they hold were all a total joke. They wagged their finger for the cameras and let out some soundbites they could use in campaign ads, but held no one accountable. And with the likely GOP leadership, the same would happen in regards to anything Hunter Biden related. They'd hold a hearing or two to say they did it, wag their finger, and hold no one accountable. It would be a joke, and it would not go over well in terms of public opinion. I'd support it if they actually went in with a mission to hold people accountable, but no chance that happens with the incompetent GOP leadership.

Yeh exactly. Would be a dog and pony show like it always is.

LVH

I don't like any of that either. But the reality is that stuff doesn't materially affect 98% of Americans. Fiscal policy, energy policy, foreign policy does materially affect 98% of Americans as we are all experiencing now.

I'll cross my fingers the Republicans turn a page and deal with it all. Not holding my breath.
The two are interwined. The corruption in DC and the 3 letter agencies is so bad because they exist to protect the status quo in terms of economic policy.

When you have a corrupt system, there will inevitably be system-disruptors who emerge. Corrupt systems then do anything and everything to crush system-disruptors. Trump was the first. They’ll crush him. Then another will come. And another. And another.

The DC administrative state and 3 letter agencies have basically been turned into the secret police to stop those who seek to disrupt the status quo. Fiscal policy, energy policy, foreign policy are all aspects that the corrupt DC swamp want done a certain way and want to protect at all costs. So they will sic the FBI and 3 letter agencies on those who pose a threat to it.

Kevin McCarthy and Mitch McConnell will fight tooth and nail to ensure nothing is done. And if nothing is done, nothing can be done about actual policy.

LVH

Why do you think we’re sending so much money to Ukraine? Could it possibly be because the Ukraine spent millions of dollars employing the children of American politicians, like Hunter and others?
It's like an uncontrollabe spigot that wont be turned off.

Back in February when everyone, even on the right, were waving their Ukraine flags, I was sounding the alarms saying that it was going to turn into another Afghanistan, a never ending boondoggle of taxpayer money laundering.

But look at what they did to Trump when he tried to look into Ukraine corruption - he was impeached for it. Therefore anyone who would dare try to put a stop to the Ukraine grift would likely be met with similar resistance and face the full brunt of attacks from the 3 letter agenices.

Like I said, it goes hand in hand. If you want the Ukraine grift to end, the secret police/enforcement arm of the status quo(the 3 letter agencies) must be dismantled and destroyed first. Otherwise they will just continue to destroy anyone who poses a threat to the schemes.