• The KillerFrogs

The Harris/Biden Administration: Coming Together to Build Back Better

Dogfrog

I'd actually love to drink a beer with the guy. I wouldn't be friends with him but I'd love to talk to him. I just would rather not have him running the country. Much like Mike Leach who I'd love to sit and have some drinks with but would never want him coaching my team.

Trump is a hell of a lot better than Hillary or Biden but that's not saying much. And that's the real problem with America right now, is that somehow these are the 3 people that it's all come down to.

As far as DeSantis. I'm just throwing his name out there. More than happy to have someone better than him. But you can't tell me that Donald Trump is the absolute best person for the job. He's not George Washington. There have to be other people.
The most important thing in 2024 is winning the election. Not sure we can survive another four years of this futility.

With all due respect, man, you need to get off Twitter. Where the hell do you dig some of these clowns up?

First, "The Last Refuge" guy claims that DeSantis "went silent upon instruction from the handlers" after the raid on Trump's compound. Actually, he condemned it almost immediately as "banana republic" stuff. Then, that same guy laments Christina Pushaw's "departure" as DeSantis's spokesperson. In truth, she left that job to take over as the rapid-response chief on his re-election campaign, a move that makes perfect sense. She said herself that she's relishing the opportunity to "really take the gloves off" in her new position, something that she's somewhat restrained in doing as a governmental employee. Pushaw is great and DeSantis knows it. So, he's put her in a position where she can do him the most good at this time. That's part of effective leadership: recognizing talent and deploying it to your best advantage.

By comparison, Trump has never been a good judge of character when it comes to his employment decisions. Look at all the quislings he hired as president who later betrayed him (and leaked like crazy until they quit or were fired). And for all his talk about "draining the swamp," he allowed the highest-paid and most-overrated swamp creature in history, Dr. Fauci, to manage the federal COVID response while, down in Florida, DeSantis did his own research about the virus and then told Fauci to go to hell. Which decision worked out better there?

Look, I gladly voted for Trump in the general election twice and I think he did a lot of great things as president. And I'll vote for him a third time if he's our nominee in 2024. But if does have a second term, I shudder to think who'll wind up working for him in the White House then. After all, how many truly competent and principled people are going to be willing to go to work to him after he hung the most loyal vice president in history out to dry? I'm not a big fan of Mike Pence but he didn't deserve that kind of treatment. And Pence didn't have the authority to do what Trump wanted him to do anyway, which makes it worse.

I despise "Never-Trump" Republicans but I'll never throw my lot in with the "Trump-Only" crowd either. Trump is who he is. And he's not going to change either at his advanced age. He was never Moses, Elijah, George Washington, or Cicero to begin with and he's incapable of raising his game at this point.

In a nation of 350,000,000 people, I can assure you that we have more than one political savior. In fact, if the country remains as messed up in 2024 as it is today, Trump may actually be one of the few potential GOP nominees who could actually lose that year. And we desperately need to win that election.
Well said.

HFrog1999

Don’t think there is any doubt that a much tidier outcome for Republicans is for Trump to pass the baton to Desantis either willfully or because he has disqualified himself in some way. A primary battle fight could get messy and tribal.

I like messy and tribal

Vikings GIF by THE BEARD STRUGGLE

With all due respect, man, you need to get off Twitter. Where the hell do you dig some of these clowns up?

First, "The Last Refuge" guy claims that DeSantis "went silent upon instruction from the handlers" after the raid on Trump's compound. Actually, he condemned it almost immediately as "banana republic" stuff. Then, that same guy laments Christina Pushaw's "departure" as DeSantis's spokesperson. In truth, she left that job to take over as the rapid-response chief on his re-election campaign, a move that makes perfect sense. She said herself that she's relishing the opportunity to "really take the gloves off" in her new position, something that she's somewhat restrained in doing as a governmental employee. Pushaw is great and DeSantis knows it. So, he's put her in a position where she can do him the most good at this time. That's part of effective leadership: recognizing talent and deploying it to your best advantage.

By comparison, Trump has never been a good judge of character when it comes to his employment decisions. Look at all the quislings he hired as president who later betrayed him (and leaked like crazy until they quit or were fired). And for all his talk about "draining the swamp," he allowed the highest-paid and most-overrated swamp creature in history, Dr. Fauci, to manage the federal COVID response while, down in Florida, DeSantis did his own research about the virus and then told Fauci to go to hell. Which decision worked out better there?

Look, I gladly voted for Trump in the general election twice and I think he did a lot of great things as president. And I'll vote for him a third time if he's our nominee in 2024. But if does have a second term, I shudder to think who'll wind up working for him in the White House then. After all, how many truly competent and principled people are going to be willing to go to work to him after he hung the most loyal vice president in history out to dry? I'm not a big fan of Mike Pence but he didn't deserve that kind of treatment. And Pence didn't have the authority to do what Trump wanted him to do anyway, which makes it worse.

I despise "Never-Trump" Republicans but I'll never throw my lot in with the "Trump-Only" crowd either. Trump is who he is. And he's not going to change either at his advanced age. He was never Moses, Elijah, George Washington, or Cicero to begin with and he's incapable of raising his game at this point.

In a nation of 350,000,000 people, I can assure you that we have more than one political savior. In fact, if the country remains as messed up in 2024 as it is today, Trump may actually be one of the few potential GOP nominees who could actually lose that year. And we desperately need to win that election.
Christina Pushaw as WH press secretary would be must-see TV.

The media would go insane.

LSU Game Attendee

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain