• The KillerFrogs

The Harris/Biden Administration: Coming Together to Build Back Better

Bob Sugar

Gene Wilder was just a genius.

I kinda disagree with your conclusion though. I could be wrong, but I think this could be one situation where not playing it by the books could come back and bite him. I just don't get why he wouldn't turn it all over when asked and play by the archive rules. Seems like an unforced error to me.
Can you image the shot show that trial would be? And what it would do to frenzy the bases of both parties? No one wants that? Especially the party that hates firearms and is picking a fight with the party that loves firearms. I mean America seems to be racing toward a Sunni-Shiite divide and people keep throwing matches on the gasoline without thinking about consequences. My opinion of course.

The only certainty of the next decade or two is that politicians will continue to make millions on their $170k salaries.

LVH

I actually do hope this keeps Trump from running again. I never wanted him to win the Republican nomination in the first place and I think it's best for everyone to keep him away from it going forward and move on to someone like DeSantis.

I also think that actual PROOF of wrong doing is going to be needed to justify what seems like just the next chapter of an ongoing clown show to railroad the guy. And that doesn't mean search warrants or leaked info to the press. They need to produce very clear proof and soon. The longer this drags on without anything concrete coming out of it the more it will appear to be the clown show continued.
If DeSantis truly is the reformer you think he is, the DC swamp will destroy him like they are doing to Trump.

If he isn't, the DC swamp will do nothing to stop him, which means they don't fear him.

If you think this is localized to Trump, you're misguided. This is about Trump's agenda, not Trump. Anyone who pursues a similar America First agenda will be targeted and destroyed.

Below is my message for anyone who supports DeSantis because they think it will be "easier"

LVH

Also, this has been a really bad week for DeSantis in my opinion. All the actions he has taken has led me to believe he is now under the management of the GOP establishment and under their control, which is disappointing.

Paul in uhh

Back to our 82M vote champion of the people that is never going to blame anyone else. Amazing how the last 3 days has taken everyone's eyes off of the disaster happening.

FZ9vaH8XkAAlokX
Sign me up for cricket burgers

HFrog1999

Can we just have a common sense candidate? Someone that actually makes laws like, trans athletes can only compete in their genetic sexes sport? Or make a program that trains officers to obey they laws they were sworn to uphold? Maybe even talk about a fix for the mental health problems in this country/society, instead of blaming guns? It'd also be nice to have secure borders and an immigration policy that allows migrant workers easier access to work and paying a fair share of taxes?

Well, the New York Times won’t even publish an Op Ed from Tim Scott, so the answer is

John Candy No GIF by Laff

CountryFrog

If DeSantis truly is the reformer you think he is, the DC swamp will destroy him like they are doing to Trump.

If he isn't, the DC swamp will do nothing to stop him, which means they don't fear him.

If you think this is localized to Trump, you're misguided. This is about Trump's agenda, not Trump. Anyone who pursues a similar America First agenda will be targeted and destroyed.

Below is my message for anyone who supports DeSantis because they think it will be "easier"

There's no way any sensible person can think that at least some (if not a lot) of the [ #2020 ] that follows Trump around is specifically because of who he is. And it doesn't have [ #2020 ] to do with him being an outsider. He's an arse who has made lots of enemies during his career. Now that doesn't make all of the attacks justified but he's no innocent bystander in all of this. Maybe in some of it, but not all of it.

AroundWorldFrog

Can we just have a common sense candidate? Someone that actually makes laws like, trans athletes can only compete in their genetic sexes sport? Or make a program that trains officers to obey they laws they were sworn to uphold? Maybe even talk about a fix for the mental health problems in this country/society, instead of blaming guns? It'd also be nice to have secure borders and an immigration policy that allows migrant workers easier access to work and paying a fair share of taxes?
The GOP can trot a guy like that out, but as we've seen in this thread, he's already been vilified by the left as racist, misogynist, anti-LBQTXYZ and anti-child groomers.
All of which makes him a fascist nazi of course.

Horny4TCU

Well, the New York Times won’t even publish an Op Ed from Tim Scott, so the answer is

John Candy No GIF by Laff
I'll keep dreaming and taking care of my own. Hopefully more people will start realizing we don't have to stick with this group of tyrants and seeking change. Let Trump be the guinea pig for someone to defeat the current system.

Horny4TCU

The GOP can trot a guy like that out, but as we've seen in this thread, he's already been vilified by the left as racist, misogynist, anti-LBQTXYZ and anti-child groomers.
All of which makes him a fascist nazi of course.
We can't be the only ones that see it like this and how it is. I hope people wake up, but as long as our education system keeps un-educating children, they'll keep enough sheep around to follow their lies.

LSU Game Attendee

It seems you took the low point of the markets due to the COVID pandemic and shutdowns as the only marker for Trump's presidency.
The only ones who have fared well during the past 2 years financially have been Pfizer and their friends and the Pelosi's and their friends and a few others who have been favored by government policies or had insider knowledge of some sort. The average Joe out there has watched their retirement gains that had been substantial all be eaten away. I don't even look at mine any more until I hear things are getting better. I know of no one who believes they are better off financially now as opposed to during the Trump years. Not only are we losing money, but the money we have suddenly doesn't go as far as it used to due to tremendous inflation. Zero percent inflation? Haha. He's got a lot of nerve getting up there and saying that.

It is also pretty rude to call losing your job and having to eat into savings to pay for living expenses a "self-own." You may disagree with him politically, but, damn, at least show a modicum of compassion and empathy for those who have been less fortunate.
To be fair, the heavy hand of big government has ironically been a boon for oil and firearms producers too!

Showtime Joe 2.0

Also, this has been a really bad week for DeSantis in my opinion. All the actions he has taken has led me to believe he is now under the management of the GOP establishment and under their control, which is disappointing.

With all due respect, man, you need to get off Twitter. Where the hell do you dig some of these clowns up?

First, "The Last Refuge" guy claims that DeSantis "went silent upon instruction from the handlers" after the raid on Trump's compound. Actually, he condemned it almost immediately as "banana republic" stuff. Then, that same guy laments Christina Pushaw's "departure" as DeSantis's spokesperson. In truth, she left that job to take over as the rapid-response chief on his re-election campaign, a move that makes perfect sense. She said herself that she's relishing the opportunity to "really take the gloves off" in her new position, something that she's somewhat restrained in doing as a governmental employee. Pushaw is great and DeSantis knows it. So, he's put her in a position where she can do him the most good at this time. That's part of effective leadership: recognizing talent and deploying it to your best advantage.

By comparison, Trump has never been a good judge of character when it comes to his employment decisions. Look at all the quislings he hired as president who later betrayed him (and leaked like crazy until they quit or were fired). And for all his talk about "draining the swamp," he allowed the highest-paid and most-overrated swamp creature in history, Dr. Fauci, to manage the federal COVID response while, down in Florida, DeSantis did his own research about the virus and then told Fauci to go to hell. Which decision worked out better there?

Look, I gladly voted for Trump in the general election twice and I think he did a lot of great things as president. And I'll vote for him a third time if he's our nominee in 2024. But if he does have a second term, I shudder to think who'll wind up working for him in the White House then. After all, how many truly competent and principled people are going to be willing to go to work for him after he hung the most loyal vice president in history out to dry? I'm not a big fan of Mike Pence but he didn't deserve that kind of treatment. And Pence didn't have the authority to do what Trump wanted him to do anyway, which makes it worse.

I despise "Never-Trump" Republicans but I'll never throw my lot in with the "Trump-Only" crowd either. Trump is who he is. And he's not going to change either at his advanced age. He was never Moses, Elijah, George Washington, or Cicero to begin with and he's incapable of raising his game at this point.

In a nation of 350,000,000 people, I can assure you that we have more than one political savior. In fact, if the country remains as messed up in 2024 as it is today, Trump may be one of the few potential GOP nominees who could actually lose that year. And we desperately need to win that election.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

I wouldn’t invite Trump over for a beer if he were a neighbor but where would we be without him? I like Desantis and he would be fine but the swamp is deep and a long way from Tallahassee. It feels like this country is on the brink.The Dem who was on here screaming all day advised that the Republicans really need to go with Desantis. Trump is obviously in their nightmares. .
I'd actually love to drink a beer with the guy. I wouldn't be friends with him but I'd love to talk to him. I just would rather not have him running the country. Much like Mike Leach who I'd love to sit and have some drinks with but would never want him coaching my team.

Trump is a hell of a lot better than Hillary or Biden but that's not saying much. And that's the real problem with America right now, is that somehow these are the 3 people that it's all come down to.

As far as DeSantis. I'm just throwing his name out there. More than happy to have someone better than him. But you can't tell me that Donald Trump is the absolute best person for the job. He's not George Washington. There have to be other people.