• The KillerFrogs

The Harris/Biden Administration: Coming Together to Build Back Better

Wexahu

I think it is a valid discussion about how to allocate funds. I think not allocating funds to prepare for a future pandemic would be a folly.
We would have had MUCH better outcomes this "pandemic" had the government not done anything, so I wouldn't have a problem at all if they didn't allocate anything to prepare for a future pandemic. All the funds will almost surely be wasted anyway.

All the government did was scheiss this thing up from the beginning, starting with Trump deferring to Fauci and continuing with Biden and his whole band of idiot COVID warriors pretending they were really saving the day. It was all a MASSIVE mistake, probably the dumbest thing this country's government has ever done. We'll be paying the price for years and years and years, and for what?

vicarfrog

It will only further fracture the country.

A rural town can decide to not have a public school and fund a private one through this tuition program. If you're of a different religion living in that area, your only choice is to move if you don't want your child being taught another religion.

You'll end up dealing with situations like France is where they have entire swaths of their population living in essentially a different country within their borders, not interacting with the general populace, and becoming further radicalized against the "infidels" or the "gays" or whatever group you want to target.

Your terms are acceptable.

A parallel society with a parallel economy is inevitable.

vicarfrog

vicarfrog

Let me clarify - he is saying how the left is trying to rebrand White Christians as White Christian Nationalists to make them sound more scary.

Every time I'm described as a white Christian nationalist, I just want to fly the Templar flag, punch Satan in the mouth, and sing the Te Deum Laudamus.

I'm cool with it scaring people. Jericho was scared out of their minds when they heard what God did to Egypt, and then out of that, Rahab stepped in, saved spies, and become a woman in Christ's lineage.

We would have had MUCH better outcomes this "pandemic" had the government not done anything, so I wouldn't have a problem at all if they didn't allocate anything to prepare for a future pandemic. All the funds will almost surely be wasted anyway.

All the government did was scheiss this thing up from the beginning, starting with Trump deferring to Fauci and continuing with Biden and his whole band of idiot COVID warriors pretending they were really saving the day. It was all a MASSIVE mistake, probably the dumbest thing this country's government has ever done. We'll be paying the price for years and years and years, and for what?
Yeah, I know you know I completely disagree with you on that one. No doubt in my mind that doing nothing would have led to much more morbidity and mortality.

I do think having a constructive discussion about what could have been done differently is important to do. But I don’t think this is an area where we can afford to stick our heads in the sand. There will be future pandemics and we don’t want to be caught unawares. Important we allocate some of the budget for pandemic preparedness.

Wexahu

Yeah, I know you know I completely disagree with you on that one. No doubt in my mind that doing nothing would have led to much more morbidity and mortality.

I do think having a constructive discussion about what could have been done differently is important to do. But I don’t think this is an area where we can afford to stick our heads in the sand. There will be future pandemics and we don’t want to be caught unawares. Important we allocate some of the budget for pandemic preparedness.
How much more? And who?

Not many more people would have died, and the majority (probably a vast majority) of people that would have probably won't be here a year from now anyway.

Had there been no media around to tell scary stories and people just went about their business as usual, I'm 100% confident that the general consensus would have been that nothing unusual was going on.

HFrog1999

Ha!. He did speak at a recent conference I attended. I should have asked him!

It’d been better if you kicked that little twirp in the nuts

superman running GIF

How much more? And who?

Not many more people would have died, and the majority (probably a vast majority) of people that would have probably won't be here a year from now anyway.

Had there been no media around to tell scary stories and people just went about their business as usual, I'm 100% confident that the general consensus would have been that nothing unusual was going on.
I respect your opinion and I realize I am not going to convince you otherwise, but I think a no intervention approach would have had disastrous. I can appreciate arguments for different timing of interventions- I do think there is a good argument that for a basic return to normal (I.e. and approach like now) after delta and before omicron. What I can’t appreciate is the argument for no intervention.

froginmn

Government will do what government always does - planning for the same thing and not reasonably adjusting when something else happens..

Within weeks of this pandemic's onset it was very clear that those most at risk were overwhelmingly older, and that young people were at low levels of risk. Instead of acknowledging that and advising that older people and those with ill health isolate, they isolated everyone. When it was clear the demographics of those at risk, they changed tactics to "you need to isolate to protect Grandma", "you might get MIS-C", "look at this one healthy guy who died", etc.

Disaster planning is fruitless because you can't plan for a disaster. We don't know what a future pandemic might be so we can't plan for an unknown. And when it happens, the government won't adjust to, ahem, the science, it will proceed with the predetermined plan.

Edit: in on 666.

Eight

Love his statement about how thinking ahead is something "the last outfit didn't do very well" but claims his outfit is doing well.

Inflation
Gas prices
Baby formula crisis
Border crisis
Food shortages
Afghanistan withdrawal

Yea, you've done an amazing job of thinking ahead. Really really great.

all inherited problems.........damn, i am a natural born press secretary

Wexahu

Government will do what government always does - planning for the same thing and not reasonably adjusting when something else happens..

Within weeks of this pandemic's onset it was very clear that those most at risk were overwhelmingly older, and that young people were at low levels of risk. Instead of acknowledging that and advising that older people and those with ill health isolate, they isolated everyone. When it was clear the demographics of those at risk, they changed tactics to "you need to isolate to protect Grandma", "you might get MIS-C", "look at this one healthy guy who died", etc.

Disaster planning is fruitless because you can't plan for a disaster. We don't know what a future pandemic might be so we can't plan for an unknown. And when it happens, the government won't adjust to, ahem, the science, it will proceed with the predetermined plan.

Edit: in on 666.
Bingo. Head meet nail.