• The KillerFrogs

The Harris/Biden Administration: Coming Together to Build Back Better

Eight

I guess as usual I will be the one to say what everyone else is thinking but is too afraid to say - the FBI/CIA grooms a lot of these shooters.

Not sure if they groomed yesterday's shooter, but we have actual evidence of the FBI targeting people and setting them up to commit violence. Hell they tried to groom people in Michigan to kidnap Gretchen Whitmer.

am going out on a limb when i say that everyone was not thinking nor afraid so say what you just wrote,

TCUdirtbag

Huge difference between doing the standard campaign fundraising and conventions that all politicians do, and showing up in the community where an unbelievable tragedy just happened to politically grandstand over the dead children from that community. But sure, act like they're the same thing.

Give me a break, man. Abbott say on that dais and did his own political grandstanding invoking Chicago and gun crimes. By your own “political grandstanding” standard Abbott and O’Rourke did the same damn thing.

TCUdirtbag

I'm well aware of the "I don't want your thoughts and prayers" narrative. In the context of my post, my point is that moving toward something constructive actually begins with grieving first. Pointing fingers is self-justification towards what you believe AND a manipulation of other people's hurts for your own gain. And it is also the illusion of control, that there is something I can do. It does nothing productive for others. It's like 2 parents arguing with each other while their child watches in their own prison of sorrow. It's thoughtless and selfish.

Now to the topic of prayer, since you felt so compelled to really "stick it to me" with a zinger: My Jesus is also the One who lifted up His eyes and prayed and taught His disciples how to pray. He spent hours in prayer before selecting His disciples, He prayed before raising Lazarus from the dead, He prayed before multiplication of the loaves. This false dichotomy between prayer and inaction needs to stop; it's ridiculous. Prayer informs action. Prayer is listening in His Word and interceding for others. Yes He did overturn the tables...a sign that the Temple would be destroyed...a temple we no longer need because we have full access to God by grace in prayer.

Now to be fair, I think there are some people who when they say, "My thoughts and prayers" are with you, it is empty. But prayer, in it's purest form, will lead to action. And I would argue the right action.

I really don't want to argue. My suggestion: get on a search engine, type "The Litany" and pray.

That’s great so long as the ones doing the praying are listening and looking for the response. As you allude, for some (I would argue many in the political class) the calls for “prayers” are a disingenuous call intended to shut down actions opposed by their supporters and special interests.

TCUdirtbag

Saddened and heart broken, yes. But, honest question, who or what am I supposed to be outraged about in this situation that would change anything? Outrage is an outlet for many in situations like these who can't grasp the senselessness of evil in this world and are looking to place blame on someone or something to make themselves feel better. No, I'm not outraged by this situation in the least. I know what caused this, and I'm secure in my knowledge that evil exists and evil people will do evil things. I don't need to point fingers, grandstand in front of a governor, yell on Twitter, or call people names. I've seen evil, I've witnessed senseless deaths, it takes a terrible toll, but I've learned that outrage will only make one bitter and blind to the reality of the situation.

Your fatalist attitude toward endless child murder is a take.

Eight

He was known to both the FBI and CIA (at least from one news article I've read). Most of these people have been.

At the very least, the police were frequent visitors to his house where he lived with his drug addict mother where he got into violent arguments/confrontations regularly.

wait, the cia knew about a kid in freaking uvalde working at wendy's who wasn't going to graduate?

this sounds like the sequel to sicario

TCUdirtbag

2 things I've learned in the past 24 hours:

If you're for stricter gun laws then you're a freedom hating commie who only wants to enslave the populous.

If you're against stricter gun laws then you're a terror loving psychopath who loves seeing children die.

I can't imagine what it is that's standing in the way of progress on issues like this. A country full of dirtbags and LVH's screaming at each other seems like a great governmental system to me.

The problem with your argument is “dirtbags” (ie support of trying reasonable gun laws) constitute a majority of Americans. Instead we are ruled by minority. Conflating my mainstream center-left views with conspiracy nut jobs because you are a Republican is the problem. Governance by the minority is the problem. And refusal to admit what we are doing isn’t working and try — just try! — something else is the problem.

You don’t have to paint two things you dislike as opposite extremes. It’s disingenuous, wrong, and exacerbating the problem you pretend to be above.

TCURiggs

The party does not support defund the police. A few on the extreme do.

MTG has supported white nationalists. That doesn’t mean the whole Republican Party does. But it does suggest you should exercise more scrutiny in who you follow.

I don't follow her. You'd know that if you read the part where I said "I don't know much about MTG." I agree with just about everything she said in that thread, though. A lot of truth in it, whether you or I like her or not.

TCUdirtbag

So Dirtbag and who else makes up this 16%?
Hoisted by your own petard on this one. Obviously republicans feel this way since they don’t control the executive branch. Fact is, the percentage is so high because most Dems agree in the era of Trump buffoonery, Madison Cawthorn and the cocaine fueled orgies, Marjorie Taylor Green and white nationalism, non-representative government, a Supreme Court that overturns precedent, disinformation, fake election fraud claims, storming the Capitol, normalization of mass murder, etc., that things in this country are a nightmare. Our country is broken, probably irreparably. The 16% who don’t see that are living in ignorant bliss I guess.

TCURiggs

Give me a break, man. Abbott say on that dais and did his own political grandstanding invoking Chicago and gun crimes. By your own “political grandstanding” standard Abbott and O’Rourke did the same damn thing.

Abbott was at a scheduled press briefing giving an update on the tragedy, as Governor of this state. Any politician is going to give their talking points in that scenario as well. They all do it. Beto went in there, in a coordinate stunt, and started yelling at the Governor and Mayor of the town where the tragedy took place 24-hours ago, all in the name of self-promotion, and further upsetting those in that community. That's not normal politics. That's disgusting, inconsiderate human behavior.

TCUdirtbag

Abbott was at a scheduled press briefing giving an update on the tragedy, as Governor of this state. Any politician is going to give their talking points in that scenario as well. They all do it. Beto went in there, in a coordinate stunt, and started yelling at the Governor and Mayor of the town where the tragedy took place 24-hours ago, all in the name of self-promotion, and further upsetting those in that community. That's not normal politics. That's disgusting, inconsiderate human behavior.

By your logic it’s disgusting, inconsiderate behavior if you invoke one set of widely held political views in public that may offend some after a tragedy, but if you have a fancy official seal, are surrounded by your fellow politicians, and invoke the other set of political talking points that likewise offend a different set of the people you’re supposed to be comforting and leading (if you can find time between fundraisers) then it’s somehow an acceptable invocation of partisan political talking points? Come on, man. Basically shirking responsibility in front of a bunch of grieving people with effectively “don’t blame me there’d be more dead kids if you lived in **dramatic music** Chicago with it’s scary people and gun laws” is no different than trying to Kanye “Imma let you finish but” with your own political talking points that probably offend a bunch of people too. One just did it in his capacity as executive and the other in a forum he wasn’t invited. Both bad looks. If you can’t see that you’re blinded by your politics.