• The KillerFrogs

The Harris/Biden Administration: Coming Together to Build Back Better

HFrog1999

I'm all for solar on a smaller scale such as individual houses. There is a solar farm (small one) on a pronghorn antelope migration route here in Wyoming. We still have to live with nature in addition to creating energy.

I'm still contemplating putting solar in the new shop/barn we built instead of traditional electricity which will require around a 180' run from the power at the street. The costs are surprisingly similar for what I need. Just don't know who to trust for a small project as it seems lots of smaller solar companies are still in the fledgling stage or fly by night.

I’ve interviewed with Solar Companies and was offered a job with Solar City a few years ago. I wasn’t impressed with the industry. Be careful

Dogfrog

I am surprised Bill Kristol was able to divert his attention away from hoping every working class American kid is sent to the middle east to die so his comrades in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem could feel a bit safer to come up with a horrible take:

Bill Kristol
@BillKristol

Straightforward from here.

June 30: Court overturns Roe.

July 1: Breyer resigns, says Court “needs aggressive progressive justices.”

July 4. Biden picks Harris for Court. Harris resigns as VP.

July 5. Biden picks Romney as VP, says national unity needed for the world crisis.
11:58 AM · Jan 26, 2022

Fall: Progressives are energized by the bitter Senate fight to confirm Harris and fierce state legislative battles over choice. Centrists are reassured by the competent Biden-Romney national unity government.

Nov. 8: Democrats have best midterm for party in power since 1934.
Kristol is a dildo.

Dogfrog

I agree that there is a role for solar and I'm all for it. Heck, the idea of solar-covered parking areas seems great to me. But like a lot of these "ideas," they fall apart under scrutiny. It's one thing to be able to manage the inventory of a few hundred or a few thousand panels at the micro level -- to replace/repair them when needed, etc. -- but we're talking about billions of panels that would be needed to make a change on the macro level. They would be in a constant state of repair/replacement. Not to mention that the disposal of these things, even taking into consideration recyclability, is a staggering task.

My point in posting this was really to show many of the comments that people were making in their tweets. Claims that we'd be oil free by now if the election wasn't stolen from Gore are particularly funny.

If you told me that having a solar-panel roof would eliminate my electric bill, I'd be all for it. But we only get an average of less than 4 hours of sun per day.

I also don't get all the Big Oil conspiracy theories -- about how they don't want alternatives and how their lobbyists own Washington. These companies are all about profit. If there was a way right now to make more money in solar, they'd be investing heavily into it without being coerced by political activists.
Can’t obsess on all the future shortcomings when there is a buck to be made today.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Kristol is a dildo.
Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

LSU Game Attendee

Mean Purple

Leaked video shows federal contractors flying migrants to suburban NY: 'Betraying the American people'

Regardless of how you feel about Tucker Carlson, you need to watch the video attached to this news story. I can't help but wonder, how do we fight against our own government who so willingly and brazenly break the law to achieve their own ends?
Fox News day time news shows have covered this as well. The government is released a LOT of illegals everyday. Just out into the population. Report this morning showed that there were a lot of younger aged males with criminal records. Ranging from DUI to Theft to Assault. And several with illegal re-entry. Just released them out.

The audio of the Cabinet official getting owned by border agents was gold.

AroundWorldFrog

Fox News day time news shows have covered this as well. The government is released a LOT of illegals everyday. Just out into the population. Report this morning showed that there were a lot of younger aged males with criminal records. Ranging from DUI to Theft to Assault. And several with illegal re-entry. Just released them out.

The audio of the Cabinet official getting owned by border agents was gold.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
SolarCity.com << Elon backstops every installation. I would be happy to overlook the bid.
Love the idea, but it would take 15 years to break even on purchasing the system and my house isn't situated where the roof line receives constant sunlight during the day, so it would only be 50% effective, meaning a return on investment would probably take much longer.

LSU Game Attendee

Love the idea, but it would take 15 years to break even on purchasing the system and my house isn't situated where the roof line receives constant sunlight during the day, so it would only be 50% effective, meaning a return on investment would probably take much longer.
Yep PV makes a lot of sense in Hawaii- less sense parts of the country sitting on cheap, clean natural gas!

Really, I'm great with all kinds of energy except ethanol- that is a disgusting energy-negative racket sponsored by the Iowa caucuses. Corn liquor is strictly for drinking!