• The KillerFrogs

The Harris/Biden Administration: Coming Together to Build Back Better

Yeh I agree rates have been too low for too long, but the inflation we are seeing is 80% COVID. Stimulus money, massive spending on vaccines and tests, and then the HUGE supply chain issues that resulted and are still occurring because of COVID. We printed a [ #2020 ]ton of money and significantly shrunk supply. Basically the inflation equation

Raising rates will help, but at a cost (likely recession).
I agree with @FrogUltimate and @Bob Sugar

The markets are priced to the greater fool right now. Many a bubble coming soon, and not just in the markets. Worrying abt gas and delays in Amazon deliveries will be the least of the avg. consumer's worries. You cannot inject (print) as much money as we did and not see a massive recession, IMO.

My advice to anyone, regardless of net worth or income, is to tighten your budget.

HFrog1999

The markets are priced to the greater fool right now. Many a bubble coming soon, and not just in the markets. Worrying abt gas and delays in Amazon deliveries will be the least of the avg. consumer's worries. You cannot inject (print) as much money as we did and not see a massive recession, IMO.

My advice to anyone, regardless of net worth or income, is to tighten your budget.

Agreed

It’s also a huge double whammy because a massive amount of money was printed while production was curtailed. No matter what, it’ll take years to recover the Economy. I spent nearly 14 years in the lumber business and they’re still having huge problems

HFrog1999

I spent many years in the "lumbar" business. It was a real pain.

Get Ready Pain GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

LVH

It's only going to get worse. Inflation we saw in Q4 was based on prices negotiated in Q3 and earlier. We haven't reached the crest.

Add in things like a trucker vaccine mandate set to go into effect on January 22 that will cripple the trucking and shipping industries, we are not that far away from a national food security panic.

Vaccine mandates and passports in general are bad too. If 20% of a populace is barred from entering a restaurant, they are going to go to the grocery stores and put pressure on the supply chains there, leading to more empty shelves.

Eight

What the hell is he talking about now?

so did biden get a win in anything this week?

if mlk day passes with no voting rights law getting passed, not building projects, the 6th passed and most of the country is more worried about paying their bills and yet the investigation continues, and now more and more of the country have just moved on from covid what has gone right for this administration in their first year or so?

FrogUltimate

It's only going to get worse. Inflation we saw in Q4 was based on prices negotiated in Q3 and earlier. We haven't reached the crest.

Add in things like a trucker vaccine mandate set to go into effect on January 22 that will cripple the trucking and shipping industries, we are not that far away from a national food security panic.

Vaccine mandates and passports in general are bad too. If 20% of a populace is barred from entering a restaurant, they are going to go to the grocery stores and put pressure on the supply chains there, leading to more empty shelves.

The inflation number will start declining here shortly, but only because the denominator is so much higher.

I think national food security panic is a little silly.