• The KillerFrogs

The Greatness of Linda Kaye

FrogAbroad

Linda and I were not close friends but I knew her through her younger brother and via her work at Paschal High and, of course, TCU. Always a cheerful, highly competent professional, she added a lot to the graphic histories of both schools. Her kind of talent isn't encountered every day. She was a blessing to TCU.

Tony Lema

Ticket Exchange Pass
Linda and I were not close friends but I knew her through her younger brother and via her work at Paschal High and, of course, TCU. Always a cheerful, highly competent professional, she added a lot to the graphic histories of both schools. Her kind of talent isn't encountered every day. She was a blessing to TCU.
She bled purple & had the Frog Factor.

SwissArmyFrog

I remember many years ago when Brad Sham was calling TCU football games, the ball once went out the back of the end zone and Sham made the 'call' of Linda Kaye snagging it as it came toward her. Actually saw video of that too...IIRC, she had her camera in one hand and scooped the ball with the other. Gave me a big smile.

I was in a number of theatre productions at TCU and Linda did a lot of the 'picture calls' - a time set aside where the actors would go from scene to scene so a lot of pics could be taken w/out running thru the entire show. She did many of these. And the pics were invariably great.

Virginia Frog

For a time as a student I worked in the Publications Dept (Alumni Magazine, TCU Catalogs, student recruitment literature/promotion, ads in the Star-Tel, etc.) and Linda was a regular visitor. At one time I worked on the TCU photo archive, while very cool, I didn't realize at the time that it was a real treasury. Today I realize the archive was just amazing. A huge quantity of the photos were the talent of Linda Kaye. She deserves all the accolades we can muster.

Last edited:
mlb_a_ventura11_600.jpg

Linda shot one of the greatest baseball imgs of all time.

FrogAbroad

Rick Waters wrote a great piece in TCU Magazine shortly after her moving on.

Every Frog should read this ^. Really. It's outstanding. I'm serious.

Linda was still shooting photos on the sidelines early this season, with brother Roger holding onto her from behind to keep her from falling.
"The pain was incredible, but she wanted to do it," Roger said. "She said, 'I want to do my work. I want to keep taking my pictures.'"

Yep. That's pure Linda Kaye.

Dang. Something must be wrong with my monitor...text kinda blurry...

asleep003

Yes ... her sitting on the grass just outside of the endzone to shoot that next TD... she most always was at the right place at the right time, lol!

Last edited:

Armadillo

I got to know Linda a little bit in the early 90’s. We shared a passion for the Frogs and the Rangers. I never knew if her passion was for the institutions themselves or the privilege to photograph those institutions. Probably a little of both. But probably more the latter. She loved her camera.

PurpleBlood87

Linda was a close family friend.
Each Christmas Eve she would come over and take our family photo in front of our Christmas tree.
Then we'd all go eat at Pancho's.
Before we left 9 year old me and Linda played catch in the front yard with an old Wog football. The ends of that ball were hard as rock (probably because it was so old, this was 1973).
Later that night, my side hurt so much that I couldn't straighten up. No it wasn't from Pancho's.
My parents took me to the ER and I had a badly bruised spleen from how hard Linda was throwing that old Wog ball.
Doctor's said I was lucky it hadn't ruptured.