• The KillerFrogs

The future of college football

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
http://lambethfield.blogspot.com/2010/04/c...rt-2-teams.html

Virginia bloggers look into the future conferences:

Pacific 18

Former Conferences: Pac 10, Mountain West, WAC, Big 12.
Reasoning: Outside of geography, this conference allows the old Pac 10 to gain all those big [Deleted] teams which brings a lot of talent out west.
Team Analysis: The South keeps all the California teams together and adds Fresno State in there for fun. Houston and TCU bring in huge TV markets. The North allows Utah and Boise to take on Big 12 and Pac 10 teams every week.
Biggest Winners: Colorado and Missouri (North), they don't have to take on Texas and Oklahoma every year.
Biggest Losers: All the undefeated-we-should-be-number-one teams from the past 5 years. You know who you are. Well guess what, here is your chance to prove yourself.
Best Match-ups: Utah vs. Boise State (North); USC vs. TCU (South)

pac18.jpg

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
A couple of the other conferences:

Southeast 18

Former Conferences: SEC, Big East, Big 12
Reasoning: You need one power conference, and this is it. Take the best from the SEC and the Big 12 and..wow.
Team Analysis: The East has all of the SEC East teams plus LSU? Yikes. It doesn't get much better in the West, where Alabama and Auburn meet Texas and Texas Tech.
Biggest Winners: No one. I wouldn't wish this conference on my worst enemy.
Biggest Losers: South Florida (East), coming from an easy Big East into the lion's den will make for a less than smooth transition.
Best Match-ups: LSU vs. Florida (East); Texas vs. Alabama (West)

se18.jpg

Major Conferences

These are the teams left over from C-USA, Mountain West, and the WAC. They are divided up pretty much geographically. There are some good match-ups that will be interesting at times, but most people will watch it as much as they did it before.

mwcusa.jpg

AUFrog

QUOTE(crunch @ Apr 30 2010, 10:06 PM) [snapback]553573[/snapback]
Coog High and Stanford in the same conference...same division, even. Ha Ha.

Same said for Fresno State and probably Boise State.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(AUFrog @ Apr 30 2010, 05:16 PM) [snapback]553582[/snapback]
Same said for Fresno State and probably Boise State.

Stanford already in a conference with Boise State...in some sports.

desmith03

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Apr 30 2010, 09:54 PM) [snapback]553675[/snapback]
Stanford already in a conference with Boise State...in some sports.

Cue rastlin' comment from Steel...

Opintel

Moderators
My crystal ball (the other is brass :tongue:), has an SEC offer to the Froggies, when it all hits the air moving appliance. Really...

...that's my dream. :biggrin: