• The KillerFrogs

The Final Four

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
First of all I want to thank all of you who submitted essays for the contest. All of you, and I mean this sincerely, wrote outstanding essays. I read each and every one of them and was awed. All were funny and very well written.

However there had to be a final four and from that group will come a winner.

Scott and I removed ourselves from the judging process and used English and creative writing teachers from around the metroplex as judges. We did that so as to not let any favoritism creep into the judging. None of the preliminary judges knew any of you so they could evaluate them simply on the merits of each essay.

Two of the teachers commented as to how they wished their students wrote that well.

So without further adieu, let me announce the final four

PubFrog
Steelfrog
BudaFrog
Frognosticator

Thanks again to all of you and I want to apologize again for this part having taken so long. When I handed these over to the judges, I told them no rush and unfortunately one of them took me at my word. That mistake won't be repeated with the final four.

The essays will be posted shortly

Opintel

Moderators
Wonderful! I await with bated breath.

...or baited breath (sorry)...Steelfrog and Frognoticator are both finalists? This is going to cause an argument, methinks. :tongue:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(wes @ May 2 2010, 08:21 PM) [snapback]554521[/snapback]
PubFrog
Steelfrog
BudaFrog
Frognosticator

So four finalists but just three individuals ... :rolleyes:

Well I gotta say that I am quite amazed at being a finalist. I just read all of these and would have no problem with any of them winning.

Wes, awesome idea to hold a contest like this. I think everyone who wrote something had fun doing so.

Filling

Recovered Workaholic
Looks like that all those years of creative billing of hours paid off in another way for Steel & Frognosticator, Esquires.

BudaFrog

Thanks for having this contest. It was fun. More fun if I'm lucky enough to win (I think they're all good stories). Thanks again!

PubFrog

I echo the earlier sentiments. This contest was a great idea. Thanks again. All of the stories are rock solid. Look forward to seeing the results. Best of luck to the others.