• The KillerFrogs

The Digital Purge

Eight

Add Steven Crowder's Twitter account to the list.

After going live with this story this morning Twitter banned him:

I saw this segment this morning and his team did a great job tracking down these addresses in person.

Crowder explains:

wasn't this an episode of friday night lights

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Just wanted to put this out there, I guess more of a marker for an "I told you so" moment later on, but I'm hearing from different sources within the left leaning web development community that cancelling "hate sites" (i.e. sites that don't agree with their world view) by targeting their hosting platform (like the Parler/Amazon episode) isn't enough. These individuals are floating the idea of using ICANN, the "company" responsible for registering domain names (.com, .net, .us, etc), to completely wipe these companies and pages off of the internet from the source.

This was a concern of mine back in 2009 when Obama disinvested the US from a controlling portion of ICANN, but at that time I was more concerned about government censorship. If this happens ICANN can just decide to revoke a group's domain name (e.g. Killerfrogs.com) and the site and any of it's services would disappear from the internet. No need to go after hosting companies because without a domain no one can access your site regardless of hosting services (unless you have a static IP, but can you imagine having to type something like 192.168.20.156 every time you wanted to buy a book?).

We are truly entering a dangerous time in this country.

Just wanted to put this out there, I guess more of a marker for an "I told you so" moment later on, but I'm hearing from different sources within the left leaning web development community that cancelling "hate sites" (i.e. sites that don't agree with their world view) by targeting their hosting platform (like the Parler/Amazon episode) isn't enough. These individuals are floating the idea of using ICANN, the "company" responsible for registering domain names (.com, .net, .us, etc), to completely wipe these companies and pages off of the internet from the source.

This was a concern of mine back in 2009 when Obama disinvested the US from a controlling portion of ICANN, but at that time I was more concerned about government censorship. If this happens ICANN can just decide to revoke a group's domain name (e.g. Killerfrogs.com) and the site and any of it's services would disappear from the internet. No need to go after hosting companies because without a domain no one can access your site regardless of hosting services (unless you have a static IP, but can you imagine having to type something like 192.168.20.156 every time you wanted to buy a book?).

We are truly entering a dangerous time in this country.
I mean, the site name does have "killer" in it...

froginmn

“But there’s not a single shred of evidence!!!!”
I keep going back to the idea of "appearance of impropriety".

Every Code of Conduct you'll find, including those of State and Federal government, will reference the fact that you should avoid improper acts as well as anything that would raise the appearance of impropriety.

The fact that we had what looked like people counting votes after hours after they said they were taking a break for the night, people appearing to count without proper observation standards being met, etc., doesn't seem to meet the standard of "appearance of impropriety" that government organizations use in their employee codes of conduct.

I don't understand why it wouldn't be a point of emphasis for elections to address that.

Add Salesforce to the list of companies purging clients from their system.

https://www.projectveritas.com/news...esforces-plan-to-deplatform-broader-range-of/
Holy smokes. From their CEO.

“We’ve engaged with the RNC to communicate that no messages on behalf of President Trump and no messages questioning the validity or integrity of the election are allowed on our platform under the guidelines that they may incite violence given the escalated conditions in the United States right now,” he said.

Finance Frog is going to come along shortly and say nothing to see here. Just a private business exercising its rights. What he doesn't understand is that if a large company wants (or is forced) to leave Salesforce, it requires a massive data migration and sales process evaluation that is very expensive and disruptive to a business. I know, because I've been through one with Salesforce. It took us nearly a year to do the work.