• The KillerFrogs

The defense? Who is in charge?

If I were Kill I’d work on simplifying the defense using a scheme the players know, not the 4-2-5 so you can rotate younger guys at positions and let them make plays.
The players don’t know the 4-2-5 by now? I guess looking at the stats it answers my own question, lol. But I would think straying from it would be more confusing at this point of the season.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Jon Dulio or Casamigos Reposado I've been drinking lately. Straight up, but sometimes with a cube or two of ice. Makes watching our games a bit more palatable. :)
Might I humbly suggest Herradura Anejo, or Espolon Anejo. Espolon makes an "Extra Anejo" which is aged 6 years ("Anejo" generally means one year in a used whiskey cask. "Reposado" generally means 6 months in a used whiskey cask.), but I have not yet tried it.

BleedNPurple

The players don’t know the 4-2-5 by now? I guess looking at the stats it answers my own question, lol. But I would think straying from it would be more confusing at this point of the season.
The problem is our opponents seem to know the 4-2-5 better than we do. Anything that gets the opponents O off the field and doesn’t allow runs up the gut like running through butter.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The problem is our opponents seem to know the 4-2-5 better than we do. Anything that gets the opponents O off the field and doesn’t allow runs up the gut like running through butter.
My feeling is that he has been unable to retain the initiative when on defense like he had earlier in his career. People adjusted to his way of calling a defense, and he never really adjusted back in an effective manner.

Whoever is running the defense needs to be crazy. Deranged. Blitz often, from strange places. Make them guess. Keep them in mystery. Put them in a position of wondering what the hell it is you're going to do.

As a salty old fart once said, "Now, boys, let's put a smile on our faces, murder in our hearts, and let's go punch those suckers right in the mouth!"