• The KillerFrogs

The Day After....

Eight

there is almost no legitimate reason to change anything about trains - their diesel consumption and carbon footprint is unmatchable by other means and there is not a lot of room for improvement with current technologies .

Diesel train engines get somewhere near 500 tons per mile in efficiency - short of floating cargo down a river on a raft, you aren't going to beat that. Its the distribution of shipped goods from yard to dock that might have a chance to reduce carbon footprint related to rail transport.

once we get this superconductivity technology worked out there will be no need for anything diesel

just because right now most metals have to be kept at roughly 250-300 degrees below 0 doesn't mean we won't have this stuff operational in no time. i listened to petey b during the democratic debates and if we can make fighter planes on production lines that made commercial plans and tanks on automotive assembly line how hard can it be to create a technology that for the most part exists only in physic labs

flyfishingfrog

once we get this superconductivity technology worked out there will be no need for anything diesel

just because right now most metals have to be kept at roughly 250-300 degrees below 0 doesn't mean we won't have this stuff operational in no time. i listened to petey b during the democratic debates and if we can make fighter planes on production lines that made commercial plans and tanks on automotive assembly line how hard can it be to create a technology that for the most part exists only in physic labs
I am waiting for the Star Trek transporter....

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
About six more Nuclear Plants like the two we currently have would be nice. About 100 or more SMR units spread around would be a fine addition to the six big ones. Sturdy, reliable, scalable, what's not to love?

Sure, the Luddites will scream. But they'll scream about anything, and I tend to believe the public is sick of their crap. Besides, pointing out that 1.) Nukes are absolutely carbon neutral, and 2.) Actually work, I don't think there'd be that much resistance outside the Media.

Frog92

About six more Nuclear Plants like the two we currently have would be nice. About 100 or more SMR units spread around would be a fine addition to the six big ones. Sturdy, reliable, scalable, what's not to love?

Sure, the Luddites will scream. But they'll scream about anything, and I tend to believe the public is sick of their crap. Besides, pointing out that 1.) Nukes are absolutely carbon neutral, and 2.) Actually work, I don't think there'd be that much resistance outside the Media.
And from those whose back yard they are going into. But I completely agree.

Horny4TCU

No offense, but when Biden pisses off Russia or Rocket Man and missiles come our way, I don't want any more nuclear plants in Texas. Put em in Oklahoma or New Mexico, where the plume will travel north and away from me. Comanche Peak is close enough, that if anything bad happens down there, FW is toast.

Frog92

No offense, but when Biden pisses off Russia or Rocket Man and missiles come our way, I don't want any more nuclear plants in Texas. Put em in Oklahoma or New Mexico, where the plume will travel north and away from me. Comanche Peak is close enough, that if anything bad happens down there, FW is toast.
If that happens, we're all toast anyway. On both sides of both oceans.

Moose Stuff

I'm not real sure I want to live through a nuclear war if I'm being honest.

Eight

dude, you are so wrong about where the attack will come from

giphy.gif

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Carswell was then and probably is now targeted by a flight of MIRV warheads. Even with miserable Russian construction and quality control, in the event of toe to toe nuclear war with the Russkies, a local power plant will be the least of your worries...

Frog-in-law1995

Tony Buzbee, A&M alum, booster and board member, filed a $100M lawsuit today for a family whose 11-year-old died of hypothermia last week. He’s alleging it was due to the electricity outage.

That’s the fastest pre-suit investigation in history. But at least he got on the national news tonight.

Asshat.

YA

Brother the nuclear facilities could all disappear tomorrow and Fort Worth Texas has multiple missiles locked and loaded ready from both Russia, China and others no matter what. The price of success of being the 12th largest city in the United States.