• The KillerFrogs

The Comeback: CFB world reacts to questionable TCU hire

Frog-in-law1995

I'll relate this to the other response this got. Sure, points are products of yards. But when a team finishes the reg season and they look at conf stats and they are in the upper third in yardage, and in the lower half of scoring, there is a gap.

Neither of those things is true. They were 5th of 14 in the SEC in yards per game and 6th of 14 in points per game. (LSU had 20 fewer ypg but 2 more ppg, due in part to a discrepancy in D/ST scoring).

Last edited:

ticketfrog123

You can form whatever narrative you want based on a few conversations with some fans, perusing the message boards, or whatever, but plenty of their fans, and their administration, wanted to keep him/extended him. My good buddy/colleague played at Arkansas under Petrino and hates that they lost him. You're really trying too hard if you can't honestly admit how good of an offensive coach he is. Like his Dad, who I loathe, they can coach TF out of some offense. I really don't think that's debatable. We'll see if it works here, but it's worked everywhere else (from an offensive standpoint).
Yeah the university that had an OC replacement lined up and announced earlier than TCU is clearly said to see him go.

Guy was pushed out and TCU overlaid significantly for a mediocre OC

ticketfrog123

giphy.gif

Again, you're just reaching if you're trying to piece stats together to act like KB isn't a good OC. At the end of the day, all of the offenses he's been in charge of had marked improvement over what he inherited. Like his old man, hate him as we do, they know how to coach that side of the ball and get results.
Yeah he’s such a great OC like that time he coached the prolific offense at….?

FAU? lane Kiffin.
Houston? G5 - don’t care
Arkansas? 7-5 with KJ Jefferson and lost to liberty and Mizzou because they can’t score more than 20.

Pass.

Tyson

FAU? lane Kiffin.
Houston? G5 - don’t care
Arkansas? 7-5 with KJ Jefferson and lost to liberty and Mizzou because they can’t score more than 20.

Pass.
How did his offenses do against Big12 defenses?

ticketfrog123

How did his offenses do against Big12 defenses?
He almost lost to Kansas this year because of his [ Finebaum ] playcalls in the 4th quater. Could’ve kneed it out to win but pushed it to OT.

Yeah let’s brag about beating Kansas in football now. Great look genius.

Scored similar number of points against Texas as 5-7 TCU in 2021 - they played Hudson card we got Casey Thompson

Frog-in-law1995

FAU? lane Kiffin.
Houston? G5 - don’t care

Pass.
at Arkansas.

Guess who ranked 15th in the country in total offense this year, 12 spots higher than us, despite having maybe 2 or 3 players who would’ve started for us.

Creeperfrog

giphy.gif

Again, you're just reaching if you're trying to piece stats together to act like KB isn't a good OC. At the end of the day, all of the offenses he's been in charge of had marked improvement over what he inherited. Like his old man, hate him as we do, they know how to coach that side of the ball and get results.
I love that Pepe Silvia is a person in Charlie's mind, but he is so illiterate and the mail isn't going to Pepe, but the mailing address as in Pennsylvania

Frog-in-law1995

Also lol at bagging on Briles then claiming that Arky was eager to replace him with the OC from a team that finished WAY behind them in every offensive statistic and against a far weaker SOS.

82 Frog Fever

Yeah the university that had an OC replacement lined up and announced earlier than TCU is clearly said to see him go.

Guy was pushed out and TCU overlaid significantly for a mediocre OC
Don’t be childish.
KB was sorta pushed out at the end. Pittman was furious that KB was job shopping again after being offered by Miami & Miss St., and receiving an Arky pay bump to stay put. He was clearly in demand.
KB was never gonna stay. The OL that was supposed to be a team strength was terrible, and as a result result KB had to run a Kansas offense with lots of pre snap motion & misdirection tricks just to make the run game work.
On top of that, no spread offense is going to work well with a defense that’s ranked 124th.
Any OC that takes over an offense ranked 117th at the end of 2019 & improves it to 15th this year is not mediocre, and he did it with a crap OL and a defense that was owned every week.

Mean Purple

Neither of those things is true. They were 5th of 14 in the SEC in yards per game and 6th of 14 in points per game. (LSU had 20 fewer ypg but 2 more ppg, due in part to a discrepancy in D/ST scoring).
At the end of the regular season they were 9th for scoring offense and 51st in the nation. They are now 35th after the bowl and 6th in SEC. That’s fact

Froglaw

My Arkansas buddy claims Briles only ran the same ten plays over and over for the Hogs.

Meecham is still on the staff. That gives me hope.