• The KillerFrogs

The Baylor - McLennan County Rape Cover-up Collusion Is Still Going Strong

Mean Purple

From the article: The McLennan County District Attorney's Office said the person handling all media inquiries, Rebecca Akins, is out sick Tuesday. The DA's office said no one else could help with media inquires.

uh, seriously??? In the whole County government, there is not a back up for the DA for media requests???

That place is such a corporate town. Having lived there, I can tell you it has just gotten worse. When Briles got there, the whole place lost its mind. Reasoning went right out the window. Whatever justified a win. And now this. Granted, students at that school have long gotten away with many bad deeds. Years ago, some baylor pud was driving drunk and the results were the worst. Then the kid goes free.

I can tell you that a large portion of that city's and county's population are not baylor people and they don't like the school, nor do they approve of some old money lines in that town that keep the town is the position it is.

froginaustin

Waco reminds me of a few East Texas towns (that are smaller, population-wise) where there are old money families that think of themselves as elite, that actively suppress growth. Can't stand to think that a bigger fish might move into their pond at all, much less begin to actively run things in the community.

Mean Purple

Waco reminds me of a few East Texas towns (that are smaller, population-wise) where there are old money families that think of themselves as elite, that actively suppress growth. Can't stand to think that a bigger fish might move into their pond at all, much less begin to actively run things in the community.
You hit the nail on the head. It is a very "keep people in their place" type town.

MTfrog5

Churches run the show here in East Texas

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Live look in at a Waco business establishment.
Q- How much will it cost?
A - How much you got, boy?

national-lampoons-vacation-1983-movie-10.png

Froglaw

I watched this with some skepticism on the Nightly News. My bet is that there were facts that would have come out at trial (evidence of consensual sex) that would have led to reasonable doubt in a jury trial. Evidence of sex does not equal evidence of sexual assault. We know the Waco DA is not scared to bring tough assault cases to trial.

frogs9497

I watched this with some skepticism on the Nightly News. My bet is that there were facts that would have come out at trial (evidence of consensual sex) that would have led to reasonable doubt in a jury trial. Evidence of sex does not equal evidence of sexual assault. We know the Waco DA is not scared to bring tough assault cases to trial.

I could be wrong, but thought I had read in an article that her hospital examination revealed injuries consistent with rape.

Frogenstein

Maybe so, but the way the DA’s Office informed the victim of the plea deal (by email) is disgraceful. Then the ADA doesn’t show up at sentencing and is now “sick” with no one else available in the entire office that can talk about it. It is almost like the DA’s Office doesn’t want to answer any questions pertaining to this plea deal.

Brog

And why you would limit that to "East Texas towns" is beyond me, having lived in several "West Texas towns" in my life.

HG73

You mean like Heath?