• The KillerFrogs

Thank you Ross Evans!

geefrogs

QUOTE(you_can @ Oct 11 2009, 03:54 PM) [snapback]402381[/snapback]
If we makes up for it and kicks a game winner against BYU or Utah this year, I'll be the first one to get on here and give him props.

what if he kicks a few field goals in ROUGH conditions that are the difference between winning and losing against a tough MWC foe....

oh wait. he just did that. :biggrin:

YCBJ Frog

QUOTE($mooth @ Oct 11 2009, 03:53 PM) [snapback]402380[/snapback]
Does 1/3 mean the kicker's at fault? the holder? the deep snapper? or special teams as a whole?

This year, the deep snapping has me worried a bit. They seems to be a bit off on a few and the holder is making it work (more or less).

As I recall, everything on the 26 and 35 yard field goal tries in the 4th was perfect except for the kicks. Could be wrong though.

YCBJ Frog

QUOTE(geefrogs @ Oct 11 2009, 03:56 PM) [snapback]402389[/snapback]
what if he kicks a few field goals in ROUGH conditions that are the difference between winning and losing against a tough MWC foe....
oh wait. he just did that. :biggrin:

I'll admit, I didn't see that game last night. It's not possible in Southeast Louisiana, and I was in Tiger Stadium watching Tim Tebow walk on water (both literally and figuratively).

If we had lost that game, it would've been more attributable to our defense giving up as much as they did and our turnovers, and not attributed to our kicker pooping the bed. I see what you're saying though, because I would likely be willing to jump his case if he had missed either of his 38 and 27 yarders last night. I would like to point out though, that his kick that made the difference was the last one that game us a 10 point lead and was 27 yards. I know conditions were bad, but that is about the distance of an extra point with a false start tacked on.

Houston Frog

He had a bad game at the wrong time last year, get over it. You don't think it absolutely kills him that he missed those FG's? I feel sorry for Ross, I can only imagine how guilty/crappy he felt after that game last year.

YCBJ Frog

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Oct 11 2009, 04:13 PM) [snapback]402407[/snapback]
He had a bad game at the wrong time last year, get over it. You don't think it absolutely kills him that he missed those FG's? I feel sorry for Ross, I can only imagine how guilty/crappy he felt after that game last year.

I feel sorry for him alright, and I'm sure it bothers him. Doesn't change what it cost those seniors.

Houston Frog

I'm fine with calling someone out or holding a grudge against a player if they half-arsed a play or just didn't try hard and it cost us.

That's not the case with Ross, he tried his best and missed.

TCURealtyFrog

QUOTE(you_can @ Oct 11 2009, 04:04 PM) [snapback]402397[/snapback]
I'll admit, I didn't see that game last night. It's not possible in Southeast Louisiana, and I was in Tiger Stadium watching Tim Tebow walk on water (both literally and figuratively).

If we had lost that game, it would've been more attributable to our defense giving up as much as they did and our turnovers, and not attributed to our kicker pooping the bed. I see what you're saying though, because I would likely be willing to jump his case if he had missed either of his 38 and 27 yarders last night. I would like to point out though, that his kick that made the difference was the last one that game us a 10 point lead and was 27 yards. I know conditions were bad, but that is about the distance of an extra point with a false start tacked on.

Have you EVER kicked a 27 yard field goal? Probably not. As a former Frog kicker I resent the fact that you are so quick to re-live the missed field goals and re-condemn Ross Evans for the mistakes in that Utah game last year. Do you think he missed them on purpose? Do you think he wasn't really trying and maybe not focusing?

Seriously dude. We're just trying to give praise to Evans for his performance last night in some very nasty elements in Colorado. Praise is usually a better motivator than belittling someone and reminding them of their mistakes.

Only 1 person to ever grace this planet and never made a mistake. At TCU, I think we know his name and I'm pretty sure he's not the guy who's posting under the handle of
"You Can't Be Joking"

You wanna pick on someone? Pick on me! I'm a man! I'm 34! :biggrin:

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(you_can @ Oct 11 2009, 04:17 PM) [snapback]402415[/snapback]
I feel sorry for him alright, and I'm sure it bothers him. Doesn't change what it cost those seniors.

So no one else made a mistake, just Ross? No turnovers, missed blocks, missed tackles, dropped balls, etc?

Deep Purple

Evans made two PAT's from 19 yards and two FG's from 38 and 27 yards. All of which is pretty routine for a scholarship kicker. Those kinds of kicks are are supposed to be automatic. It's what a scholarship kicker is expected to do. And that's precisely what Evans did. His job. I congratulate him for that.

But it's not as if he boomed a couple of 45- to 50-yarders for score. It's not as if he completed 16 of 29 attempts in freezing drizzle for nearly 200 yards and 7.1 per attempt/12.4 per completion, as Dalton did. It's not as if he caught six passes for 113 yards including three for 25 yards or more while handling a cold-hard rock, as Young did. It's not as if he rushed for 73 yards and 1 TD on an icy field against 8 men in the box, as Turner did. This is doing more than what's expected. This is doing more than your job.

Evans performed up to standards last night. He did what is expected of his position. Good for him. But several other players did far more. Given that, it's patently silly to say Evans "won the game."