• The KillerFrogs

Thank you Dr. Koehler

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
By the same token, we can give Fran some credit too for coming here, getting us turned around and especially for bringing us the nation's best head football coach and program CEO. And had Fran not left, GP would have. So thanks Fran for getting the Craig James out of here when you did!

Ha!

This post was edited!

Leap Frog

Our group sat in front of Dr.Koehler and his bunch at the last home game in '97, and couldn't help but hear his remarks. Didn't name names, but said they had gone over some heads and were bringing in a top coach for the following season. It was an early Christmas.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Our group sat in front of Dr.Koehler and his bunch at the last home game in '97, and couldn't help but hear his remarks. Didn't name names, but said they had gone over some heads and were bringing in a top coach for the following season. It was an early Christmas.
Leap, it was also that with Tucker and Windegger gone, Koelher and his group also made the decision that TCU was going to open up the wallet (endowment) and do what was necessary to make TCU competitive. It was ridiculous for TCU to be sitting on all that money. Being left out of SWC was a wake-up call and they were tired of TCU being drubbed. They took the bull by the horns and vowed to return TCU to its glory days. They knew that investing in the athletics would pay off in the ways it has today for the school overall.

But yes, they had targeted Fran and basically hired him before Hyman was hired.

Froginexile

Right on-

I would add a prologue-

Forcing Sullivan to stay when LSU came courting. That was a huge stones move and made me proud of our adminstration. I think it set up everything else.

Of course, that move bit us in the butt during GP's first game in the Mobile bowl, but big whup the 2000 team had no heart after Fran left.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Right on-

I would add a prologue-

Forcing Sullivan to stay when LSU came courting. That was a huge stones move and made me proud of our adminstration. I think it set up everything else.

Of course, that move bit us in the butt during GP's first game in the Mobile bowl, but big whup the 2000 team had no heart after Fran left.
Except that left us with a coach who didn't want to be here and his original staff, good coaches, headed back to the South and SEC. Made us go through hard times. I don't like making someone be somewhere they don't want to be. That never works good does it?

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
Leap, it was also that with Tucker and Windegger gone, Koelher and his group also made the decision that TCU was going to open up the wallet (endowment) and do what was necessary to make TCU competitive. It was ridiculous for TCU to be sitting on all that money. Being left out of SWC was a wake-up call and they were tired of TCU being drubbed. They took the bull by the horns and vowed to return TCU to its glory days. They knew that investing in the athletics would pay off in the ways it has today for the school overall.

But yes, they had targeted Fran and basically hired him before Hyman was hired.
Tucker was in office when Hyman and Fran were hired. Tucker raised the endowment that Ferrari spent. Tucker inherited Frank.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Tucker was in office when Hyman and Fran were hired. Tucker raised the endowment that Ferrari spent. Tucker inherited Frank.

Tucker raised it but didn't re-invest it and put TCU at a competitive disadvantage athletically because of it. Which was strange because he seemed to like sports, at least you saw him at games.

Thanks God new people stepped in and put TCU on the right course to growth and success.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

If he was still in office it was barely as I recall it wasn't long after Windegger announced his retirement that Tucker announced his. It was a changing of the guard about the same time.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
Tucker and Windegger practically buried TCU.

What was TCU's endowment when Tucker came and what was it when he left ? He could have done what Mick and Vic did, but I don't think they could have done what he did, in the era he did it. To say Bill Tucker buried TCU is plain ignorant.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
If he was still in office it was barely as I recall it wasn't long after Windegger announced his retirement that Tucker announced his. It was a changing of the guard about the same time.

Tucker hired Hyman and Fran. Revise it if you want to.