• The KillerFrogs

Texas Week is Here, Yet Our AD is still a [ muschi ]

Frog79

You're a piece of work.

It is not the AD's call.

TCU wishes to err on the side of caution.

You want to get Covid and bring it home to your family, go to a gun show.

Seriously, quit beating the angry man drum.

There is no science behind this "err on the side of caution" BS. But then again I guess there was that huge Covid death spike after the Rangers packed their house opening day. Oh wait...

Since it was brought up on this board, LSU fans apparently didn't know they were at 100% capacity.

GS2_3722.JPG
That is a great picture.

flyfishingfrog

This has been the case so far this season. Anecdotally, it seems that no one that has shown up to the ticket office day of the game and been denied a GA ticket.

However, with the substantial increase in demand for this weekend relative to all prior weekends, I wouldn't be surprised if GA sales are cut off unless you get to the games very early.

Another policy that isn't being officially advertised is what ATO mentioned in another thread last night saying that anyone that calls this week and can be verified as a TCU Frog Club member or Football/Baseball season ticket holder will be sold GA tickets.

I would appreciate the heart behind this policy (limiting the ability for UT fans to get tickets) if it weren't for the fact half our reserved seats will still be ziptied and people are going to be packed like sardines in the GA areas.

If fans crowd the reserved to capacity- there won’t be enough blue shirts to move everyone

isn’t that how a protest works ? Overwhelm the stadium with a sit in like the 60s - just pass the pocket knife down the row as you go

Wexahu

I have no idea who the hell is ultimately in charge of our capacity, but I would love to know the difference between what goes on behind the scenes with the decision makers at TCU compared to the schools that have fully opened up. I imagine we have some kind health consultants that are making best practice suggestions, and our leaders, including our AD, are too cowardice to do anything but submit.

It has little to nothing to do with health and safety and everything to do with looking like they care. Just look around, that approach is everywhere.

tcumaniac

It has little to nothing to do with health and safety and everything to do with looking like they care. Just look around, that approach is everywhere.
When Donati tweets and basically says no one wants the stadium full more than he does, but he's just still waiting on approval, who is he reffering to? Is it just a blatant lie to cover up for his virtue signaling? When I reached out to the Chancellor he acted like it wasn't him enforcing the restrictions.

I wouldn't be shocked if there's a Tarrant County or City of Fort Worth health advisory board that's giving suggestions that TCU is too scared to go against.

FWTFrog

When Donati tweets and basically says no one wants the stadium full more than he does, but he's just still waiting on approval, who is he reffering to? Is it just a blatant lie to cover up for his virtue signaling? When I reached out to the Chancellor he acted like it wasn't him enforcing the restrictions.

I wouldn't be shocked if there's a Tarrant County or City of Fort Worth health advisory board that's giving suggestions that TCU is too scared to go against.

Wouldn't be Tarrant County because look at what the Rangers are doing. I think it's because nobody knows who is in charge and just sitting around with the status quo.

Also, why is Shawn from the ticket office traveling to road games in WVU? Noticed him sitting on the first few rows of a game this weekend.

Wexahu

I think your last sentence is correct. Afraid of the media mob. It's sad.

I've seen enough nonsense from health advisory types that makes me know half of them are a bunch of loons. Hell, the National CDC Director just a few weeks ago was almost in tears worried about "impending doom". Those people need not be listened to.

tcumaniac

Wouldn't be Tarrant County because look at what the Rangers are doing. I think it's because nobody knows who is in charge and just sitting around with the status quo.

Also, why is Shawn from the ticket office traveling to road games in WVU? Noticed him sitting on the first few rows of a game this weekend.
Sean is a big TCU baseball fan. I saw him there too. I assume he was just there to support the team.

My point is that Tarrant County could be making suggestions that TCU is choosing to follow and the Rangers are obviously choosing not to.

My gut is that despite Donati's claim that he can't increase capacity due to a lack of approval, the reality is that he could, they're just choosing to err on the side of caution when it comes to public opinion (which I think is pathetic if true).

Last edited:

FWTFrog

Shawn is a big TCU baseball fan. I saw him there too. I assume he was just there to support the team.

My point is that Tarrant County could be making suggestions that TCU is choosing to follow and the Rangers are obviously choosing not to.

My gut is that despite Donati's claim that he can't increase capacity due to a lack of approval, the reality is that he could, they're just choosing to err on the side of caution when it comes to public opinion (which I think is pathetic if true).

Yeah, he traveled to WVU as a fan by himself... Yeah right, he may be a fan of the team but there is a 0% chance he went to that series as a fan.

FWTFrog

Is it more likely he went as a founding member of the +4 club? A secret, underground group that exists to give west side football seats to the coastal elite and ticket resellers?

Heard that following the statue of Cash they will be erecting a statue of Shawn for everything he has meant to this university.