• The KillerFrogs

Texas wants to host the RNC in August. This is a good thing for attendance

TCUdirtbag

I am thinking the only major city that would host it would be Fort Worth.

From a purely practical perspective, they’ll almost certainly want a modern, outdoor, open-air pro football stadium for Trump’s nomination speech. Not sure AT&T qualifies. That would make DFW (and Texas broadly) a non-starter. Same issue in Atlanta. So Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, and Nashville would seem to be the likeliest landing spots.

Last edited:

WIN

How about Austin? Might as well as they will be stirring the pot anyway. Save a great deal of travel for protesters.

Putt4Purple

From a purely practical perspective, they’ll almost certainly want a modern, outdoor, open-air pro football stadium for Trump’s nomination speech. Not sure AT&T qualifies. That would make DFW (and Texas broadly) a non-starter. Same issue in Atlanta. So Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, and Nashville would seem to be the likeliest landing spots.

Outdoor stadiums in Florida in August with possible Tropical storms or Hurricanes? I do not think that is very rational thinking. It has to be in an enclosed arena. I'm not saying it should be in Texas or Fort Worth, although in a normal year it would be nice but with the possibilities of riots, I don't want to see my hometown in the middle of a civil war and burnt to the ground. Anywhere else but here please.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Most large cities are pretty blue, not sure Donald has thick enough skin for the bellyaching sure to come from a mayor and other officials.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Outdoor stadiums in Florida in August with possible Tropical storms or Hurricanes? I do not think that is very rational thinking. It has to be in an enclosed arena. I'm not saying it should be in Texas or Fort Worth, although in a normal year it would be nice but with the possibilities of riots, I don't want to see my hometown in the middle of a civil war and burnt to the ground. Anywhere else but here please.
New Orleans? Own the libs and have it in Minneapolis.

Latest posts