• The KillerFrogs

Texas Tech Press Conference

don

Fairest way to play a Thursday game is for both teams to have bye week. Get more rest for OU. They have off week.

Keying on Darius last 2 games - Good defenses (Texas and Iowa St)

Ohio St - took that play away in 2nd half. Take what defenses give you

Last edited:

don

*Sorry had technical issues.

D Took things away. That's why we're multiple.

You have to learn D at TCU like you are playing O. Thats why I like offensive guys (from high school) on D here. I coach defense like offense.

Sonny consult you in preparing for game? Yes, but we have 4 former coordinators on offensive staff.

don

Everything today was a tweak (effects of today's power outage)

We did a pretty good job of shutting UT QB run game.

don

Jason Garrett 4th down play call - On his level, it is what it is. That goes along with the job. Much is given, much is asked.

don

Preparing for all 3 QBs - they are not changing their game plan.

Lost play sheet by Leach - That is awesome. I've never done anything like that before. We go through trash at facility to make sure. I look for GoPros inside.

I've had coaches from other staffs that have hired construction guys that film practices. I've never been that smart. I'm not a good poker player.

We have a shredder for scripts and play sheets.

Alec Dunham at law firm - great experience for him. Just had networking night for all athletes last week. Business owners were impressed with the kids questions.

don

GP - My son had surgery and can't play football anymore. He has so much more time to study now that he is not playing. What the athletes here go through is unbelievable. We don't have online classes. You have to give speeches. One of the positives is the education here.

Lost both parents in past year. they were big frog fans. They drove you and you want to pay them back for what they did. Everyone has parents and people that have helped them. The best thanks to them is to be successful.

Staying up there ( with GP mom) she said I dont want you to get beat by Tech. Get back there. she was a nurse for 40 years. they are the reason that we turned out is that they pushed us. they always found a way to make sure we had an education. My Dad passed in Jan. Same thing, if you lose a recruit because you are here ...

Both were really good people. Don't take them for granted.

don

Sorry for missing the first of the press conference. GP did say #3 will play, did not go into who will start.