• The KillerFrogs

Texas Tech Press Conference

ifrog

So Saturday was on Hill? Curious because if you add the drops into his numbers those project to a pretty decent night, but obviously I am refusing to see what so many on this board have been seeing all year.

Hill has been great all year sans the Iowa St game. You don't get nominated as the semifinalist of The Davey O' Brien National QB Award by being average. Some of the same posters that are liking Wex's posts are the same that have wanted Hill benched all year. Their mind isn't going to change. Wexahu has gravitated to the group that thinks KH is average or shouldn't be a starter. Probably time for me to ignore since he is the type of guy to argue that Kate Upton isn't hot because she has a mole.

Last edited:

MTfrog5

I think Hill has played a ton better than last year. If he is injured and SR plays well and gets us two wins, I really like the idea of SR being able to stretch out that OU secondary

Sebastian S

So, Morris is back? That’s good

About as clear as Kenny Hill being injured and Shawn Robinson starting.

giphy.gif

CountryFrog

If I could hand pick any two defenses for a true freshman QB to start getting big playing time against then I'd definitely pick Tech and Baylor. So timing wise it's good.

I definitely believe Hill is injured. I remember seeing him grimace in pain and walking slowly after taking a hit on that last drive of the game. I think it was the second to last play of the game.

Wexahu

Hill has been great all year sans the Iowa St game. You don't get nominated as semi finalist of The Davey O' Brien National QB Award by being average. Some of the same posters that are liking Wex's posts are the same that have wanted Hill benched all year. Their mind isn't going to change. Wexahu has gravitated to the group that thinks KH is average or shouldn't be a starter. Probably time for me to ignore

My position on Hill is that he may be our best option (he probably is), he's a good kid who's done pretty well, he's got weaknesses in his game, in particular he struggles executing the downfield passing game, that opponents have probably identified, but that given his struggles in recent weeks and the fact that SR does have 10 months of time under his belt now, I wouldn't mind seeing what he has. If he's terrible we can always put KH back in. I guess that's unreasonable and that I hate KH.

The only way to see how well SR can play is to play him. We all have our opinions on how well he will do. I trust the coaches to play the players they chose to play not a bunch of posters on here.

ifrog

My position on Hill is that he may be our best option (he probably is), he's a good kid who's done pretty well, he's got weaknesses in his game, in particular he struggles executing the downfield passing game, that opponents have probably identified, but that given his struggles in recent weeks and the fact that SR does have 10 months of time under his belt now, I wouldn't mind seeing what he has. If he's terrible we can always put KH back in. I guess that's unreasonable and that I hate KH.

I didn’t say “hate”, but you have been unreasonable in other posts . You are entitled to your opinion even when you are wrong .

W

Way of the Frog

The fact that Hill throws some nice passes at times doesn't really prove anything. The confidence to call that pass play to Hicks? It was a wheel route out to the sideline and there were no other defenders in the area.....it was a great call, but it's not that difficult a pass for a QB at all if the defenders bite, it's pretty no risk. Confidence is going for it on 4th and 3 down 17 from the opponents 37 yard line. In fact, that's not even confidence, that's just playing the normal percentages. No confidence is punting. If you think the coaches game plan revolves around confidence in the QB, we really are seeing two different things.

So now Kenny is to blame for Gary deciding to punt? Something Gary has done multiple times.

Kenny has to be the most powerful player ever to play at TCU.

Ruined careers and has a mind meld on Patterson before he ever set foot on campus.

H0RNEDFR0G

We have the the 8th ranked passing offense in our conference (averaging only 2 more yards per game than Kansas). We are also ranked 8th at long passing plays at plays over 10 and 20 yards. So by those standards KH isn't average, he's well below average. As others have pointed out, he was put in a position to make high percentage throws where not much was asked of him. The guy's got heart, I loved seeing the fight in him against OU. He very well may be our best option, but with our CFP chances out the window, it's time to start thinking about next year.

If we don't find a way to beat TTU and BU it's all for naught. But realistically what are our chances of beating OU in Arlington with the same game plan?

Last edited:

Sebastian S

I definitely believe Hill is injured. I remember seeing him grimace in pain and walking slowly after taking a hit on that last drive of the game. I think it was the second to last play of the game.

Just rewatched the last couple of minutes, he looked fine, no visible limp or signs of pain.

At least its not showing on TV.

MadFrog

Such a promising season is crapping out before our eyes. I think GP knows the odds of us winning the next 2 and has started preparing for next season. I am surprised he did not mention Song also. What suddenly cured him?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
If Hill is injured along with the guys on defense, Robinson turns out to not be quite ready and we somehow, inexplicably lose to darning Baylor my head will darning explode.

Good thing there is no way this will happen. Tech has only beaten BU and KU. Baylor has only beaten KU. Even with injuries I have no concern.

But still. Baylor. Exploding head.

Last edited:

Wexahu

So now Kenny is to blame for Gary deciding to punt? Something Gary has done multiple times.

Kenny has to be the most powerful player ever to play at TCU.

Ruined careers and has a mind meld on Patterson before he ever set foot on campus.

Don't be ridiculous. If the offense was really humming and GP was liking what he was seeing from KH, there is no way SR comes into that game when he did and there's probably no way we punt. And if KH is in street clothes this Saturday, I'll buy into the fact that he's hurt and not able to play, but if he's suited up and SR either starts or gets significant playing time I think it's pretty clear that GP's opinion on how this offense is operating (and by extension KH's play) probably mirrors mine a lot more than it does yours. He's probably anxious to see what the new guy has to because we aren't exactly putting up points in bunches with the current QB.