• The KillerFrogs

Texas State opening a can of worms?

Surfrog

Can of worms for sure and Briles is a POS. But, the BOR also scapegoated the hell out of the football program. There is a reason they didn't release the entire report, the board is about as corrupt as the Russian govt.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Are there no decent football coaches out there available for hire, who could be moderately successful in that conference? It's not like someone such as Briles is going to stay for a decade and turn TSU into a powerhouse. So what do they actually gain versus any other decent head coach for that level?

WIN

Are there no decent football coaches out there available for hire, who could be moderately successful in that conference? It's not like someone such as Briles is going to stay for a decade and turn TSU into a powerhouse. So what do they actually gain versus any other decent head coach for that level?

Turner Gill was the first name that came to my mind.

Texas State can hire him but the first sign of a better opportunity I believe he would leave.

I give him two years if he has success at Texas State. Is that what they want? Or do they want a more permanent solution?

Pharm Frog

Texas State isn’t green.

Yes they are

necessary-roughness.jpg

Paint It Purple

Hey man. They’ve chosen their side, hardcore, whether you agree with it or not.

Punter1

I am actually seriously shocked and surprised Tech isnt entertaining either Briles.

Art went there, Tapefingers played HS nearby for a season. Got some respect for their AD...

robbroyy

Teis is a stain to TCU. He’s the worst AD in the country. There’s been twitter talk and articles about him lately about not even paying the coke and Gatorade vendors.

TXST despises him. They were hoping he’d get fired instead of their last coach

robbroyy

Why would the school hope he gets fired instead of actually firing him?
I meant the employees under him and the alumni/fans.

President is attached to him for some reason.

2 years ago he was the Sun Belts representative to vote for NCAA and on satellite camps, which are lifeblood of G5 recruiting he voted no without consulting any other school in the league or his own coach at the time just to save $ on recruiting budget.

Deep Purple

A program in Texas that wears green and has never been good... What could go wrong?
Texas State's colors are maroon and gold. You may be thinking of the movie Necessary Roughness, released in 1991. In that movie, Texas State was a fictional university whose colors were green and white, and whose mascot was the Armadillo. The current Texas State University, in 1991, was still Southwest Texas State University. There was no Texas State at that time.

BABYFACE

Teis is a stain to TCU. He’s the worst AD in the country. There’s been twitter talk and articles about him lately about not even paying the coke and Gatorade vendors.

TXST despises him. They were hoping he’d get fired instead of their last coach
I am not going to agree or disagree with your post, but what does your first sentence have to do with the job he has done at TX ST? He hasn’t done anything to tarnish TCU.

robbroyy

I am not going to agree or disagree with your post, but what does your first sentence have to do with the job he has done at TX ST? He hasn’t done anything to tarnish TCU.
He’s an alum. Not a good representative of the quality of graduates we put out.