1. The KillerFrogs

Texas Motor Speedway Test

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by Big Frog II, Jul 14, 2020.

1. This weekend TMS is hosting a race at 50% capacity. Will probably go a long way to showing if holding an outdoor event can work safely at this time. I would imagine many AD's will be watching.

2. Just wait 2 weeks. Those people will all be dead.

3. "Safely"

What does that mean?

I can tell you right now that the Media will claim within minutes of this race finishing that "there is a tremendous spike in cases!" Following reports will breathlessly claim that the unsafe environment likely led to many deaths. The Media will have some people dead of the Plague before they get home from the traffic jam on 35...

4. Why take shots at the media on this? They are going to report the story and focus on the sensationalized aspects to fit their particular leanings. That’s not gonna change. This isn’t a media battle. It’s science and epidemiology. Will the protocols TMS says will be in place be followed By the patrons? Will there be any unexpected problems in terms of congestion spots or large pools of fans they weren’t considering. The long term will it/wont it work will be tough to validate either way since we don’t have accurate tracing in place. A Theoretical spike in DFW cases in 2 weeks MAY be related to TMS. Or it could be unrelated.
    The science says getting 50-60 thousand people in one basic area increases the transmission risks. Those increase as less and less folks adhere to social distancing and or mask wearing. Remaining outdoors will reduce the transmission rates. I’m also not certain much of this will directly apply to college football. Logistics around restrooms and concessions will. But the massive footprint that TMS has to play with sq ft wise To spread those fans out in removes many of the problems colleges will have to consider for football

ftwfrog, Chongo94 and Frog Wild like this.
  5. Bristol has a race...tomorrow I want to say? Expecting 30k there as well. Fingers crossed.

6. The "science" got left behind quite a while ago. This has been a Media event since mid-March, with absolutely hysterical "reporting" every day relentlessly beating the panic drums. No one knows much of anything in terms of the actual lethality of the Plague, or the efficacy of masks, the median age of death in those infected, the rate of death in infected persons under 60, under 40, under 20, what constitutes a "case" according to the incompetent swine running the Texas Health Service, or what constitutes "Cause of Death" concerning COVID from these same quacks: All of these metrics have changed, been jiggered with, since May. The Media is happy to continue their screeching litany of fear, because that draws viewers. For anyone interested in the actual facts, you have to go far and wide to find them, because neither the CDC, Texas Health, or anybody else seem to have any agenda other than keeping the herd panicked and frothing.

I have been alive and aware through numerous flu epidemics. Pandemics, even. Never has the Country "locked down" for any of these. Considering the number of deaths, this is in line with some of the milder panics in the past. Not as bad as the Hong Kong Flu of the late 60's, or the Swine Flu which came later. These sicknesses came and went. We lived our lives, did our jobs, and worked through it. Life went on. Now, though, we must panic!

7. [​IMG]

8. I’m not sure TMS was 50% full on recent races before the pandemic so we’ll see what kind of crowd they can assemble. I saw an article yesterday saying they were going to be at less than allowed capacity and that tickets were still for sale.

9. does the tinfoil hat make you breakout at all or do you use some sort of cloth liner to reduce chafing?

10. The youth association that I am on. We cancelled Spring but did a Sumner league for baseball and softball for Rec kids in addition to travel select tournaments. Not one positive test yet on an adult or kids. The adults are obviously around more people day to day due to work.

My point; if we can make it work, so can college ball. Just make a few changes in how you operate.

Salfrog and Mean Purple like this.
  11. When you see reports like this, it doesn't help:

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/f...-confirm-mistakes-in-floridas-covid-19-report

HFrog1999 and Salfrog like this.
  12. So, all you have is a personal attack? That's the best you can do?

I replied to your commentary with commentary of my own. Never once did I call you 1.) Fat, 2.) Dumb, 3.) Gullible, or anything else for that matter. What I did do was posit that things are not as the Media presents them, indicating specific areas in which they are failing to report bald facts that would obviate the panic they are pushing. Simple curiosity on your part would lead to the discovery that, perhaps, you are not getting the whole story...

TxFrog1999 beat me to the story from Florida, but it neatly illustrates my earlier point: The numbers we are being fed are crap. These crap numbers are being shouted at us daily to cause panic and unrest. The crap numbers, combined with the panic and unrest, are leading to increasingly stupid decisions by Leaders.

13. But, but, it’s not political or ulterior motives involved here. (Sarcasm)

Seriously, quite shameful. This needs to be exposed and people held accountable. This is happening nationwide.

It’s like I am living in a dream of where I am living in a 3rd world country where the media is corrupt and the public officials are being dishonest or misleading the public.

How will anyone take our next crisis seriously if we play these BS games with Covid 19?

14. 3rd world country?

oh heck, how about a country where the president and government officials know about an impending attack, let it happen and use the attack as the motivating factor to get the us into a war, and then get help from the media to portray a picture of us citizens spying for this foreign enemy resulting in 1,000's of us citizens being arrested and put into prison camps and their land and personal property being taken away from them.

HFrog1999 likes this.
  15. We need to stop wasting our energies trying to contain the spread. At this point everyone should just expect to get the virus. Our concern should be 100% focused on understanding how deadly it is and how to treat those who get it. The obsession over trying to mitigate spread is distracting this country from the real work of learning how to effectively live with various virus outbreaks. As soon as we get a handle on this one, another will come along and we'll repeat these same dumb patterns over again.

I'm not suggesting anyone go looking to get infected. However, the way I see it, we are essentially playing a game of paint ball where we think by hiding enough we won't eventually catch some paint. That's just ridiculous

16. Bingo. Well said.

HFrog1999 likes this.
  17. It won't matter, the media and the elitists will still keep pushing their hysteria. First it was shelter in. (Which did not seem to have an impact other than delaying.) Now it's masks, after it was no masks. All while screaming "more tests, more tests!"
    This, like football is an outdoor event in a large venue where folks can social distance. They'll still complain.
    The percentage of positive tests for this virus in most states is lower than the flu.
    They want to shut down sports, and anything else they can, until November.

Salfrog likes this.
  18. Good Lord!

-The report showed that Orlando Health had a 98 percent positivity rate. However, when FOX 35 News contacted the hospital, they confirmed errors in the report. Orlando Health's positivity rate is only 9.4 percent, not 98 percent as in the report.

The report also showed that the Orlando Veteran’s Medical Center had a positivity rate of 76 percent. A spokesperson for the VA told FOX 35 News on Tuesday that this does not reflect their numbers and that the positivity rate for the center is actually 6 percent.

FOX 35 News went on to speak with the Florida Department of Health on Tuesday. They confirmed that although private and public laboratories are required to report positive and negative results to the state immediately, some have not. Specifically, they said that some smaller, private labs were not reporting negative test result data to the state. -

Boy, those government "experts" really get the job done.

Showtime Joe 2.0 and Salfrog like this.
  19. The odd part is that [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] -mare Fauci said early on it was too late to worry about containment and the focus should be on mitigation (keeping hospitals operational and avoiding deaths where we can). Then they decided to move the goal posts. All this after that very [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] -mare had said the virus was not something we should be concerned with.

I say play sports, live our lives, save our economy. And stop listening to the same [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] -mares that missed on this from the start, just like they did with Sars and quite a few other illnesses the past 25 years.

20. Ideally, we would have some consensus on dealing with a public health crisis but this I think forms so much of the basis of dissent. We had the it’s not a threat/we must shut down everything almost overnight and the ridicule of the idea that the public should be wearing masks/if you don’t wear a mask you’re a murderer and the protesters are murderers/the protests must be encouraged flips—and that was just from the public health officials. Throw in the politics and this is where we are.