• The KillerFrogs

Texas Monthly

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Incredible.

“He didn’t start the opening game that season, but Duggan came off the bench to throw three touchdown passes in a 34–31 loss to Iowa State. He played most of the next season with a broken bone and torn tendon in one foot. He was seen on campus limping to class without the prescribed protective boot because he didn’t want photographs to end up on social media.

When surgeons went in for the repair work after the season, they couldn’t believe he was able to tolerate the pain of such an injury throughout his junior year. “I don’t think a lot of people know I didn’t practice at all,” he told the Associated Press. “So I literally would get shot up [with painkillers] and hopefully try to gut it out. So it was, it was pretty difficult.”

Last edited:

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Incredible.

“He didn’t start the opening game that season, but Duggan came off the bench to throw three touchdown passes in a 34–31 loss to Iowa State. He played most of the next season with a broken bone and torn tendonin one foot. He was seen on campus limping to class without the prescribed protective boot because he didn’t want photographs to end up on social media.

When surgeons went in for the repair work after the season, they couldn’t believe he was able to tolerate the pain of such an injury throughout his junior year. “I don’t think a lot of people know I didn’t practice at all,” he told the Associated Press. “So I literally would get shot up [with painkillers] and hopefully try to gut it out. So it was, it was pretty difficult.”

Well written

froggy

Incredible.

“He didn’t start the opening game that season, but Duggan came off the bench to throw three touchdown passes in a 34–31 loss to Iowa State. He played most of the next season with a broken bone and torn tendonin one foot. He was seen on campus limping to class without the prescribed protective boot because he didn’t want photographs to end up on social media.

Great article

Bob Sugar

Incredible.

tony-romo-terrell-owens.gif

That may be the best article to send out immediately to all the Heisman voters, before they vote. Might get them to reevaluate Duggan. If he is going to win, then it will be because of his leadership and incredible character causing him to rise above Caleb Williams’ stats.

What has transpired in previous seasons is pertinent to the respect and command of the team he has had in this single season. Many voters may not know the entire four-year extraordinary flattering package of character and perseverance. I just learned how severe his injury was last year. Harris voted for him as a captain his freshman year. The article also includes the video of Dykes noting Duggan’s unique old-school unselfishness. This is all Heisman stuff and I wonder how much voters really dig into that, versus the easy stats. Get their attention onto Duggan’s best Heisman traits.

He is truly one of a kind. For the sake of future leaders coming through college football, he needs to win to bring MAX attention to him as the perfect Heisman role model whom can be looked up to, studied and copied.

Last edited: