1. The KillerFrogs

Texas HyperLoop Project builds momentum!

Discussion in 'Killingsworth Court, Formerly The General Forum' started by Nick Danger, Apr 23, 2018.

1. #1 Nick Danger, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    An organization called Hyperloop One, headed by Elon Musk and Virgin's Richard Branson has been holding an international competition called the Hyperloop One Global Challenge; 2,600 teams submitted proposals for the competition. That was narrowed to 35 earlier this year. Last September, the 10 finalists, including a route through Texas, were announced.

The Texas proposal would connect Dallas-Fort Worth to Austin, San Antonio and Laredo, with a spur going to Houston. It promises travel times from Dallas to Austin of just 19 minutes, Austin to San Antonio in nine minutes and Dallas to Houston in 46 minutes.

Texas Hyperloop!

Why the Texas Triangle?

Hyperloop already gaining traction in Austin

2. Highlighting the Texas Hyperloop route!

3. #6 Nick Danger, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    It looks like Fort Worth is determined to be included in all the new transportation plans sprouting up in North Texas and not just let Dallas hog everything.

First we hear about Fort Worth, through the efforts of the Dallas - Fort Worth Regional Transportation Council, getting added to the Texas Hyperloop discussions. Now, we hear that Cowtown is researching their own high-speed rail route down I-35, all the way into Mexico . . .

High-Speed Rail comes to Cowtown?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Fort Worth announce two Hyperloop stations, once the feasibility study is completed, one at the Intermodal Transportation Center or the T&P Station just off of I-30 and the other out at the Alliance Airport area somewhere to serve the cargo services at the airport and all the logistical warehouses sprouting up out there next to I-35, in addition to the BNSF Intermodal train yard, the big Amazon distribution center and the Alliance Auto sorting-yard in Haslet.

4. #7 Nick Danger, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    The secret to more economically viable high-speed rail passenger service in the U.S. is really no secret at all. It would take more of an air traffic network, similar to the airline industries' current hub-and-spoke network, as opposed to the point-to-point service as provided by Amtrak. This video shows how such a network could be set up over time in the U.S.. Of course this is utilizing high speed rail lines in the network but could utilize hyperloop sections, if the technology proves successful. Also, playing a role would be the development of "last mile" technologies, such as autonomous cars and pilotless drones/air taxi's . . . .

5. Really really really wish we had a more viable rail network (high speed and otherwise) for passengers in this country. Hope I’m still alive to see a hyperloop in action if they’re able to successfully develop it...I doubt I will be, however.