• The KillerFrogs

Texas and OU….

y2kFrog

At least they only play 8 conference games that four wins for OU and 3 for Texas (won't win them all)...of course then they play each other...just beat Vandy and Missouri and you are bowl eligible.
Pretty sure they will be playing 9 conference games with OU and UT in the mix too.

An-Cap Frog

Pretty sure they will be playing 9 conference games with OU and UT in the mix too.
Winona Ryder Movie GIF by filmeditor

geefrogs

Crazy.

Sounds like Riley agreed to this prior to Bedlam. So, even if they WON Bedlam, would he still have been hired away?

I love watching college football collapse on itself. Completely mad.

Traveling Frog

The Big 12 needs to ditch this 9 conference game crap.
Are we dropping back to 8 conference games when the conference expands back to divisions?
I'm hoping so. why give your conference an extra 5 guaranteed losses a year? makes zero sense.
100%, especially with the new teams not bringing the "big traditional brand", each team should have a middle of the year game against an outside opponent. When Baylor beat a ranked BYU this year it solidified them a highly ranked team. They have two losses and are in the top 10.

As you said get rid of the guaranteed losses.

Are we dropping back to 8 conference games when the conference expands back to divisions?
I'm hoping so. why give your conference an extra 5 guaranteed losses a year? makes zero sense.

The SEC has been doing it for years. I say we do it and tell everyone else to EABODs.

Wexahu

Prefer 9 because I’m pretty sure that extra OOC game be against a terrible opponent and will suck. I like good, competitive games. If we’re good enough, we’ll win the 9th conference game anyway, and I don’t really care how the rest of the conference does.

gofor2

The SEC has been doing it for years. I say we do it and tell everyone else to EABODs.
Absolutely. We need to level the playing field. All those extra losses mean less bowl games each year for our conference. less practices, less exposure, a lesser perception.

Mind as well schedule a patsy in november, too. Alabama played NMSU in november. That's pathetic and no one seems to give darn.

froginaustin

What will B12 v.3.0 do to schedule decent fourth OOC games if all the other P5 conferences go to 9 conference games? The B1G and the PAC may have a scheduling alliance for OOC games. Or other scheduling alliances that freeze the B12 out. Isn’t there a rumored SEC -ACC alliance?

8 conference games may lead to NMSU playing a B12 schedule :) in effect. Good idea ? Maybe for NMSU’s budget.

Frogs1983

What will B12 v.3.0 do to schedule decent fourth OOC games if all the other P5 conferences go to 9 conference games? The B1G and the PAC may have a scheduling alliance for OOC games. Or other scheduling alliances that freeze the B12 out. Isn’t there a rumored SEC -ACC alliance?

8 conference games may lead to NMSU playing a B12 schedule :) in effect. Good idea ? Maybe for NMSU’s budget.
Sure Kill will love that!

gofor2

Prefer 9 because I’m pretty sure that extra OOC game be against a terrible opponent and will suck. I like good, competitive games. If we’re good enough, we’ll win the 9th conference game anyway, and I don’t really care how the rest of the conference does.
Why give your conference an extra 5 guaranteed losses a year? Makes zero sense.
Look at it from a conference view- not just TCU.
With 8 conference games, TCU and Texas are both bowl eligible right now. Schedule 4 patsies in the OOC for 4 guaranteed wins. Once a program gets good enough, by all means schedule a tougher opponent in the OOC..but don't take guaranteed conference losses.

If ISU was in a different division than OU and OKlite and they didn't play each other this year, OK lite is 12-0 right now.
Think about that. That means Oklite is in the MNC's if they win the CCG. Right now they are 11-1 and even with a CCG win, I don't know if they get in.

I would add - not related, I think its -5.5 oklite and that's free money. No way baylor covers that. They are playing a frosh QB against the best defense in the Big 12.