• The KillerFrogs

Texas and Former QB Vince Young

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I remember reading a few years ago, that when pro teams were evaluating VY, prior to the draft, he was given the Wonderlich test and scored so lowly that the teams were stunned. It basically scores cognitive ability.

By contrast Andy Dalton, had a very high score. Not record breaking but quite good.

Last edited:

Eight

I remember reading a few years ago, that when pro teams were evaluating VY, prior to the draft, he was given the Wonderlich test and scored so lowly that the teams were stunned. It basically scores cognitive ability.

By contrast Andy Dalton, had a very high score. Not record breaking but quite good.

supposedly scored a 6 and then it was re-reported two ways, first that his test had been graded incorrectly and he actually scored a 16 and the second report was he scored a 6, took the test a second time and got a 16.

who knows what is/was the correct score, but i did enjoy they article written by the onion on this matter

https://sports.theonion.com/report-vince-young-may-not-be-smart-enough-to-play-in-1819568341

Last edited by a moderator:

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I’m shocked that a moron would do something moronic.
isn’t that what morons do?

Not to pick on Vince, well maybe a little. A friend in Nashville told me that Vince had problems grasping the complexities of the Titans offense, couldn’t read defenses or remember plays.

He is basically an athletic guy with low mental capacity and function.

You have to wonder how he got a degree. UT isn’t necessarily an easy school but I guess they put him in enough easy classes that allowed him to graduate

Last edited:

Brog

The really stupid part in this story goes to the U of Texas. When Young returned to Austin without a penny, surviving trouble of all sorts, no education, no real world experience, what does the U of Texas do? It awards him what was said to be a $90,000 a year job in the "development" and "community relations" department. So who's stupid, Vince or the Longhorns?

tcufrogprince1

I hate to be the Debbie Downer in the room, but glass houses yall. We have a dumb dumb or two of our own. I think most teams do. I wish VY used the gifts he was given, but you cant beat a dead horse. Hopefully he has a coming to God moment and changes he downward spiral.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Mrs. Brewingfrog works in the financial industry, and has always been angered by the NFL and their actions during the player strike some years ago. Apparently, they offered "loans" to players to get them to their next paycheck and other financial aids. The interest rates, however, were absolutely usurious! VY was one of the players who was severely taken advantage of by the League, and by his NFL-licensed agent (who should have been looking out for his interests, but...).

It's a sad situation all around.

Moose Stuff

I hate to be the Debbie Downer in the room, but glass houses yall. We have a dumb dumb or two of our own. I think most teams do. I wish VY used the gifts he was given, but you cant beat a dead horse. Hopefully he has a coming to God moment and changes he downward spiral.

Any of them just punt on a cush paycheck for doing basically nothing because they’re a scheissing moron? Let me know when they do and I bury them too.

tcufrogprince1

Any of them just punt on a cush paycheck for doing basically nothing because they’re a scheissing moron? Let me know when they do and I bury them too.
I know a former backup qb to Russell Wilson that was getting a cush paycheck for basically doing nothing and threw it away multiple times.