• The KillerFrogs

Texas’ First Execution in Nearly a Year

What Up Toad

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article251499933.html

If you haven't heard this man's story, it's a sad one all around. Quintin grew up in extreme poverty, was sexually abused, and became addicted to drugs at a very young age. When he was 20, he beat his great-aunt to death, while high on drugs, because she refused to give him money.

He was convicted and sentenced to death while his accomplice, a white man 20 years his senior who was convicted of two other murders, was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole.

While in prison, Quintin began writing letters to people all over the world. He was able to receive forgiveness from his family who asked for his death sentence to be overturned. In most measures of the word, Quintin was rehabilitated.

As a Christian, it's hard for me to reconcile that we, as a group, put such a high emphasis on forgiveness and protecting life, yet still allow the death penalty in cases like this. I find it hard to believe that the world is a better place now that Quintin is dead.

Anyway, here's an article about Quintin and his plea for clemency, as well as a picture of some of the letters he sent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/10/opinion/quintin-jones-texas-death-row-clemency.html

Attachments

• Quintin Letters.jpeg
    Quintin Letters.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 2
Thx for sharing.

Never been a fan of the death penalty (for a variety of reasons).

If I fudged up and a judge gave me the choice of 10/15 yrs or a needle: Needle pls.

So you ARE a fan of the death penalty?
Ha I can see the double entendre - if a family wants "revenge" or whatever on someone for, in this case murder, the death penalty is a pretty nice exit off this rock for the perpetrator. Relatively painless. So, I do not think it accomplishes what they really want, which would likely be a miserable remainder of the perpetrator's life within cinderblocks and then, ultimately, death (natural or otherwise, eg. shanked etc.).

To answer more directly, not a fan of killing ppl in general. Whether it be war, punishment or whatever. But, if I was in that situation and I had my choice, I would selfishly chose a smooth exit.

HFrog1999

Thx for sharing.

Never been a fan of the death penalty (for a variety of reasons).

If I fudged up and a judge gave me the choice of 10/15 yrs or a needle: Needle pls.

You couldn’t do 10 years?

I actually have a friend who did. He’s out now, has a good job and a family.

Personally, I’d rather be alive than dead, even if it was in prison.