1. The KillerFrogs

Tequila and Craft Beers

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Horny4TCU, Jul 12, 2020.

1. stopped n an heb in the woodlands and found a few six packs of hamm's beer.

can not remember the last time i saw hamm's beer. also remembered how bad the covid sucks for stopping beer and wine samples at heb.

i did pick up a 4 pack of 16 oz cans of sigma brewing's loggerbier which is a german pilsner.

the 4.9 abv is a bit soft for sigma and the flavor is fairly basic for a brewery that is one of the more creative craft brewers in the houston area, but the beir was solid and would buy again

2. Finally got around to grabbing a 6-pack. Thanks for the suggestion, it's quite good and very refreshing, especially after spending a few hours in a non-AC shop.

Salfrog and Horny4TCU like this.
  3. It's great on a hot day. It's my post yard work celebration.

Salfrog and TxFrog1999 like this.
  4. Have you tried the Adios Pantelones Tequila Lime? It's stored in a tequila-aged barrel. Pretty hard to find but Kings usually has it. 4 pack goes for $16.99 but worth it.

Salfrog likes this.
  5. No, but now I am going to be on a mission to find this.

6. Have seen it at Specs also.

7. Which specs? I forgot to look for this last week. I switched to a Polish Potato vodka for mix cocktails this weekend. 108 is too hot for yard work.

8. Specs on Bryant Irvin behind Razzoo's.

9. My favorite liquor store is Chicotskys on 7th. It’s small, not best price, got good quality but not complete selection, good wines, beer selection small, but those brothers are always there, friendly, helpful, currently doing curb service only. Call and order and pay with card in advance, tell what car you drive, pull up and they bring it out to you. Very convenient. They’ve been selling liquor in FW since 1933. Scroll down to the video at this link.
    https://www.chicotskys.com/

BrewingFrog likes this.
  10. 7A608040-3A5F-4213-8846-5A83DC82B1F7.jpeg My favorite margarita:

1 oz Cointreau
    1 oz Lime Juice
    2 oz Don Julio Anejo

Bizarro Frog, TxFrog1999 and Salfrog like this.
  11. And .1 oz of super glue.

12. Not a huge fan of this Martin House hefe.

13. [​IMG]

14. I picked up some Live Oak Hefe cans at Specs on Hulen in August.

15. [​IMG]

Bizarro Frog likes this.
  16. Found a new stout. Black Matter from Manhattan Project brewery in Dallas. Pretty damn good.

BrewingFrog likes this.
  17. Manhattan Project throws out some big beers. Lots of flavor. I never drink their stuff fast.

Frog-in-law1995 likes this.