• The KillerFrogs

Tech Fans on Twitter

Moose Stuff

Showgirl daughter (falls of 2015-2018) actually says the worst fans she encountered were at Baylor where students basically sat behind them and hurled obscenities at them for 4 hours. Said tortillas were the only thing she saw thrown in Lubbock. Certainly others could have had a different experience.

And I’ll add that she said the Baylor girls were WAY worse than the guys.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
2013 Thursday night game in Lubbock...horrible. During one of the commercial breaks almost the whole lower bowl turned to the TCU section and shouted "F*** you T-C-U" while bouncing their hands in the air rhythmically. They threw batteries and other things at the players AND us. After that night my Pastor vowed never to attend another game in Lubbock, and the next year the visitor section was moved to the alumni side.

I don't know if that game thread/post game thread is still on the site, but it would be interesting to reread. @TxFrog1999
I’ll check the archives later today.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
2013 Thursday night game in Lubbock...horrible. During one of the commercial breaks almost the whole lower bowl turned to the TCU section and shouted "F*** you T-C-U" while bouncing their hands in the air rhythmically. They threw batteries and other things at the players AND us. After that night my Pastor vowed never to attend another game in Lubbock, and the next year the visitor section was moved to the alumni side.

I don't know if that game thread/post game thread is still on the site, but it would be interesting to reread. @TxFrog1999
Ask and ye shall receive:

https://forum.killerfrogs.com/index.php?threads/tcu-at-ttu-game-thread.174212/

Mean Purple

Showgirl daughter (falls of 2015-2018) actually says the worst fans she encountered were at Baylor where students basically sat behind them and hurled obscenities at them for 4 hours. Said tortillas were the only thing she saw thrown in Lubbock. Certainly others could have had a different experience.
where tech fans are juvenile, baylor fans are just psychos with an inflated view of self worth. I think it comes from being cooped up in bubble like up bringings. Then they get a sense of being let loose, but it is in Waco. So it is just a recipe for jackets with sleeves that lock in the back.

Big Frog II

Perhaps Patterson was thinking the batteries thrown were frozen water bottles. When they are all raining down on you, it is probably hard to distinguish one for the other.

Purp

I got hit with one in '04.
Same here. I counted close to 10 batteries that came in our vicinity that year from behind us. I got hit between the shoulder blades. A few inches higher and it would have hit me square in the back of the head. I'm still pissed about that trip. Buddies we tailgated with got a window busted out of a truck by an unopened beer can during the game. Went out that night with a TCU friend who was at Tech for law school at the time and it was rough treading around that scene too. Just awful people in every facet. Lubbuttock could burn and I wouldn't cry.

Lone Frog

Ah, such memories. The after-the-play flag thrown on Carter for maintaining his balance through an "invalid fair catch signal."

The kick catch interference penalty called on us to give the ball back to Tech even though we were nowhere near the catcher.

And, to be fair, the absolutely horrible performance of our offense.

Six years later and that game still makes me mad.

Jet Set Frog

Tech fans are bad for sure, but Aggies get to a whole new level if you piss them off bad enough.

The year TCU played aTm in the Astrodome, I may have "accidentally" blasted the Frog Horn during their cute pregame singing and swaying in unison display. They were yelling threats of harm to me and of death to my unborn children from the stands during most of the game for that little stunt.

Mean Purple

Tech fans are bad for sure, but Aggies get to a whole new level if you piss them off bad enough.

The year TCU played aTm in the Astrodome, I may have "accidentally" blasted the Frog Horn during their cute pregame singing and swaying in unison display. They were yelling threats of harm to me and of death to my unborn children from the stands during most of the game for that little stunt.
multiple times those idiots have drawn sabers on people. I read an old piece once that detailed a brawl aggy students got into with the bowheads in waco. never to be outmatched in crazy, some baylor folks took a blunt instrument to an aggy and when it was all over the aggy would eventually die. All because aggy got offended by a car full of girls at a half time show, and bowhead went equal in the nuts equation.

a frickin football game, people.

MacTexas744

The showgirls use to perform in the 6th inning in front of the visitors dugout until the Tech players were making rude comments and throwing water on them. Now they perform in front of the TCU dugout.

Chongo94

The behavior by Tech fans has always embarrassed me but unfortunately it appears here to stay. I’m hoping that a new generation of students with a new and seemingly non-bro and respectful coach may change things.

Leach is the one who, while I’m not sure fostered the behavior, really allowed it to bloom and shine and become a thing. Coach DudeBro didn’t know how to discipline anyone if he tried so when they’d trot him out to speak out against it, no one took him seriously and they just carried on with the behavior. They glorified in it and they do realize they are known for it and it’s weird how proud they seem to be about it all.

My hope is this new coach can help somehow change it but, sadly, I seriously doubt it.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
multiple times those idiots have drawn sabers on people. I read an old piece once that detailed a brawl aggy students got into with the bowheads in waco. never to be outmatched in crazy, some baylor folks took a blunt instrument to an aggy and when it was all over the aggy would eventually die. All because aggy got offended by a car full of girls at a half time show, and bowhead went equal in the nuts equation.

a frickin football game, people.
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...1/12/Unsolved-mysteries-Who-killed-AandM-2277