• The KillerFrogs

TCU's roster of rejects looking like one of the nation's best heading into rivalry game vs. Texas

H0RNEDFR0G

Let's make sure the Defensive coaches know about this article and share it with the team. If they didn't have enough motivation this should do it.

From the article: "There isn't a single starter on TCU's defense that had a Texas offer."

DE, Ben Banogu -- transfer from Louisiana-Monroe

DT, Terrell Cooper -- No power five offers

LB, Ty Summers -- Committed to TCU only after decommitting from Rice as a quarterback

LB, Arico Evans -- Only other Big 12 offers were Kansas and Texas Tech

LB, Garret Wallow -- Louisiana native that LSU didn't recruit

CB, Jeff Gladney -- No power five offers

CB, Julius Lewis -- No Big 12 offers

S, Niko Small --No Big 12 offers

S, Innis Gaines -- Only other power five offer was Arkansas

S, Ridwan Issahaku -- Georgia native with no other power five offers

Read more at: https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ions-best-heading-into-rivalry-game-vs-texas/

Bob Sugar

Roster of Rejects?
incredulous.gif

H0RNEDFR0G

The article, despite it's garish headline, is actually pretty complementary. It is a fact that non of our starters on defense got an offer from UT. The game this weekend provides them an opportunity to go show Texas that they made a huge mistake.

Eight

Disagree with headline and secondly, it is not factual either.

agreed, this is one of the most blatant examples of shaving the facts to fit your story line i have seen in quite some time.

lazy writing and it should be as no surprise a guy who once worked for rivals would fall back on the tired recruiting rankings schtick

as far as making sure gary lets the players know about this [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. the only motivation this team SHOULD need is to have watched the video of the ohio state game one time and to realize how close they are to being a great team.

it is all right there on the screen, execute, tackle, block, make the throws, make the catches, be smart and frogs win that game. so you can piss and moan or do something about it.

BABYFACE

The article, despite it's garish headline, is actually pretty complementary. It is a fact that non of our starters on defense got an offer from UT. The game this weekend provides them an opportunity to go show Texas that they made a huge mistake.
I have hard time believing Bethley wasn’t offered. ATM offered him. He was highly regarded. Gaines was also well thought of but committed to TCU early.

Eight

what mistake? it is time we get the freaking chip off our shoulder and realize that regardless of what "experts" say about the talent on this roster this is a very good football team and program.

damn tired of this attitude. it doesn't matter who else offered anyone on the tcu roster. the only thing that matters is tcu offered, they signed on the dotted line, and that is it.

HFrog12

Wow. I knew we always recruit "less" talent, but it's amazing that some of these guys didn't even have other Power 5 offers. How does Innis Gaines only have an offer from Arkansas?

Eight

Wow. I knew we always recruit "less" talent, but it's amazing that some of these guys didn't even have other Power 5 offers. How does Innis Gaines only have an offer from Arkansas?

why do some of you continually fall for this [ Finebaum ]?

gladney committed in june after an east texas camp and was starting to have a big senior year when he went down with a knee. he stayed loyal to the school that offered him first and didn't back off after the knee

daniels had offers from ou, utah, baylor, az state

gaines had offers from ark and utah

collier was headed to tech, but was a monster at a very small school and is from a very long line of d-1 players.

bethley had offers from ou, atm, baylor, nebraska, usc, ole miss, uw, wvu

banogu was hurt his senior season

bottom line is if you don't go to the recruiting camps and combines the "recruiting experts" won't find you because they don't do the leg works.

no one does more rock flipping for talent than gary and that is the only thing that matters

why when i read some of these comments do i feel like wanting to scream sean connery's comment to nicholas cage in the rock about doing your best

BABYFACE

This is misleading. GP’s last 4 classes have been well regarded, especially the last couple. Having Top 25-30 classes is not rejects. Most were highly sought after.

It is unique situation where some of the current starters were you have transfers or players TCU converted to other positions. Remember Banogu transferred in and Summers was a HS QB.

FrogLifeYo

65 Power 5 football teams and we have consistently ranked in the top 25-30 recruiting...So are we still the underdogs everyone likes to make us out to be?...

H0RNEDFR0G

what mistake? it is time we get the freaking chip off our shoulder and realize that regardless of what "experts" say about the talent on this roster this is a very good football team and program.

damn tired of this attitude. it doesn't matter who else offered anyone on the tcu roster. the only thing that matters is tcu offered, they signed on the dotted line, and that is it.

The mistake of underestimating their talent and not offering them a scholarship. It's a fact that they were not offered scholarships by UT. I am still of the opinion that they would've chosen TCU over UT even if they had offered. I'm just pointing out that you can receive this as a slight. Baker Mayfield had a chip over things like this and he was number 1 overall in the NFL draft. There is nothing wrong with taking things personally, many greats do it.