• The KillerFrogs

TCU/Winthrop thread

Eight

When they are on the bubble again, this will be one of those games that they look back at

which bubble? frogs have got a long way to go before they look like a team that can finish in the top half of the conference

this team again played hard which has been the one consistent through the season and you could also see better movement of the basketball.

rj is very effective when he is attacking the basket and i like his confidence on the drive.

a few concerns from last night included the continued problem of shooting the basketball from behind the 3-point line. frogs as a team are not around 33% and grayer and bane are the only two players who have been a consistent threat.

i hope rj gets back to shooting the ball as he was prior to the injury.

we saw at times last night winthorpe causing problems for the frogs crashing the offensive boards for 18 offensive rebounds with two "bigs" . fortunately they only converted those 18 second chances into 12 points and they can't continue to get beat that badly on the defensive boards once they get into conference play.

finally, i hear and read about good defense, but saw a number of winthorpe shooters open and missing 3's. additionally, a number of their turnovers came from miscommunication between a passer and a teammate on a back cut that was open because of the overplay.

winthorpe did beat st mary's but they have also lost to tennessee tech, frenso, east tennessee, coastal carolina and there is a reason why sagarin has them rated #188

hopefully the improvement continues on the offensive end, hopefully rj gets back to shooting the ball the way he was earlier, and we will see where this team is come the xavier game.

frogs are the only team in the big 12 so far who hasn't played a top 50 team and xavier will easily be the best team on the non-conference schedule.

MTfrog5

which bubble? frogs have got a long way to go before they look like a team that can finish in the top half of the conference

this team again played hard which has been the one consistent through the season and you could also see better movement of the basketball.

rj is very effective when he is attacking the basket and i like his confidence on the drive.

a few concerns from last night included the continued problem of shooting the basketball from behind the 3-point line. frogs as a team are not around 33% and grayer and bane are the only two players who have been a consistent threat.

i hope rj gets back to shooting the ball as he was prior to the injury.

we saw at times last night winthorpe causing problems for the frogs crashing the offensive boards for 18 offensive rebounds with two "bigs" . fortunately they only converted those 18 second chances into 12 points and they can't continue to get beat that badly on the defensive boards once they get into conference play.

finally, i hear and read about good defense, but saw a number of winthorpe shooters open and missing 3's. additionally, a number of their turnovers came from miscommunication between a passer and a teammate on a back cut that was open because of the overplay.

winthorpe did beat st mary's but they have also lost to tennessee tech, frenso, east tennessee, coastal carolina and there is a reason why sagarin has them rated #188

hopefully the improvement continues on the offensive end, hopefully rj gets back to shooting the ball the way he was earlier, and we will see where this team is come the xavier game.

frogs are the only team in the big 12 so far who hasn't played a top 50 team and xavier will easily be the best team on the non-conference schedule.
Replied to a post talking about the women’s team