• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Texas Tech Game Thread

Froglaw

I’m fine with criticizing Jamie this just seems like a scheissing weird time to do it. [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] on Tech all you want but they are still the number 18 team in the country.

It amazes me how spoiled Frog Fans have become over time.

Maybe it is this microwave world we live in currently.

TCU fans travel well to the Rose Bowl, but "I'm not going to the Liberty, cheese-it, Poinsettia Bowl".

Most P5 and All Gang of Whatever would kill to be where TCU is right now with our Headcoaches.

We all have put money, time, emotions, and passion into TCU Athletics.

I'm not saying that criticism is not sometimes warranted, but "Fire the Coach" threads don't help the potential recruits make a decision to come to TCU. Those threads hurt recruiting.

I wish this knee jerk posts would be either phrased in a more supportive manner or just not written at all.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

TCU fans travel well to the Rose Bowl, but "I'm not going to the Liberty, cheese-it, Poinsettia Bowl".

Most P5 and All Gang of Whatever would kill to be where TCU is right now with our Headcoaches.

I'm not saying that criticism is not sometimes warranted, but "Fire the Coach" threads don't help the potential recruits make a decision to come to TCU. Those threads hurt recruiting.

I wish this knee jerk posts would be either phrased in a more supportive manner or just not written at all.
But, then there would be no traffic on this board at all! Wherever would we go to bleat our angst and fear? (/Hahahaha!)

Eight

watched the second half this morning after i lost my link off reddit last night.

when the frogs move the ball in the half court offense they can be effective. when they move the ball and attack the basket to take advantage of match ups they have in the front court as they did last night to build off bane's big night this was the best half of offensive basketball they have played all year considering the opponent.

great to see them not fire away from behind the arc with the exception of bane and work attacking the basket.

samuel having 3 assists and 7 offensive rebounds was huge and so glad someone told smith he doesn't have to shoot outside the 3 point line and to stop trying to be the next kouat noi

i don't expect to see the frogs suddenly look like dixon's first two teams pounding the ball inside to vlad, but i would love to see them build off this and get to situation where samuel is getting the second most shots on this team.

half court defense was good in the first home and the frogs took that up in the second half which was good to see the team respond to the efforts of another team.

RoyaltyWorePurple

We knee jerk more than the Lollipop Guild in my opinion.

CountryFrog

Easy, easy, here - maybe I missed it by a minute, but we went a long time it seemed to me without a field goal, reminding me of the late collapse of the Clemson game - whew, big, big, win for us which we desperately needed.
If I remember correctly, the lead was never less than 7 or 8 points for the final 10 minutes or so. I have no idea how that reminded you of Clemson. You're acting like we blew the entire lead and just barely escaped.

CountryFrog

watched the second half this morning after i lost my link off reddit last night.

when the frogs move the ball in the half court offense they can be effective. when they move the ball and attack the basket to take advantage of match ups they have in the front court as they did last night to build off bane's big night this was the best half of offensive basketball they have played all year considering the opponent.

great to see them not fire away from behind the arc with the exception of bane and work attacking the basket.

samuel having 3 assists and 7 offensive rebounds was huge and so glad someone told smith he doesn't have to shoot outside the 3 point line and to stop trying to be the next kouat noi

i don't expect to see the frogs suddenly look like dixon's first two teams pounding the ball inside to vlad, but i would love to see them build off this and get to situation where samuel is getting the second most shots on this team.

half court defense was good in the first home and the frogs took that up in the second half which was good to see the team respond to the efforts of another team.
When we move the ball well in the halfcourt then we've shown the ability to get good shots fairly consistently. We just didn't see enough of that early in the season. Maybe due to lots of new guys and people learning their roles. There were too many games where the ball stopped and people spent too much time dribbling and settling for pull up contested 3's. The offense we've seen since the George Mason game has been much better. There have still been some inconsistencies but the growth this team has shown has to be commended.

4th. down

If I remember correctly, the lead was never less than 7 or 8 points for the final 10 minutes or so. I have no idea how that reminded you of Clemson. You're acting like we blew the entire lead and just barely escaped.

A 15 pt. lead reduced to 7 with 4 plus minutes to play, I was beginning to have visions of Clemson.

Purp

You missed it by 3 minutes.
On TV they noted it was a 7+ minute stretch without a FG until Bane made that 3 late to seal it. I agree with Dog, though, that it had more to do with Tech pressing than it did us trying to slow things down. What also contributed was a stretch of 2-3 minutes with bane and KS on the bench. Tech was denying Dennis and RJ the ball as best they could so we didn't have anyone interested in shooting during that stretch. Bello could have had a few looks were he a more willing shooter, but he was looking for better options. If it's not a catch and shoot 3 from the corner he doesn't seem to want to take the shot. Hopefully he gets over that soon. If he can be a threat to shoot more he'll be able to be an even better distributor/playmaker for us.