• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Texas MBB

JogginFrog

I don't think we got s single open look against that half court defense. Beard made an adjustment after the first few possessions and we looked lost the rest of the way.

Apart from that game in 2020 when Bane single handedly won the game, Beard always seems to destroy us home and away.
I don't think I've ever seen a coach own another coach the way Beard owns Dixon. Down 20 in the first half for like the 8th time.

TCUWIN

Impossible that EVERY player that comes to TCU is this bad of a shooter that we can't make more than 56% FT on a season. It's like we try to avoid getting better here. It becomes demoralizing to your team, and a momentum builder for the other. It HAS to change.

Before the game, after half...just practice FT's.
Especially since we aren’t great at shooting 3’s.

geefrogs

Oh God Reaction GIF
The Office Oops GIF
Golden Girls Sigh GIF by TV Land

Icaughtthevisor

Just walked out.

Sucks when you waste 75 bucks on a ticket and leave before the game is 3/4 of the way over

That's not even a good Texas team. Arena had the most pre game energy ive seen in 20 years, students packed to the rafters and that's the product we get

That's the type of performance that will cause fans not to come back. Could be a while until we see an atmosphere like that again
Walked in grandparents and dad in tow, enjoyed the pregame atmosphere and thought maybe I should carve out my Tuesdays and Saturdays going forward and grab some cheap tickets. Looks like frogball is going back on the radio

Dogfrog

Great to see the students turn out but they’ve got to rethink the “let them all in” mentality. Security was chasing them out of peoples seats all night. Seemed very disorganized.

East Coast

Tier 1
Where did all this go? Why can't we rise to the occasion?

View attachment 10714
We lost the assistant that knew how to coach offense in today's game. Plus that team had 3 really good ball handlers. This team has 1, and he has a bad wrist and is asked to be the primary scorer as well. Love the effort this year's team puts in. We will see if they can recover from this.

Great to see the students turn out but they’ve got to rethink the “let them all in” mentality. Security was chasing them out of peoples seats all night. Seemed very disorganized.
I have seen the seating capacity of Schollmaier posted as 6700 and 6800. I read that last night the total attendance was a record 8412 with a record student attendance of 3549 or more. How can this be—where is the standing room for 1600-1700 above capacity?

Last edited:

Big Frog II

Sadly everyone showed up last night for the game except our team. We were out hustled most of the night. Couldn't shoot. Looked confused. Turned the ball over way too many times. I can't believe this is the same team that destroyed Iowa State. With LSU coming to town Saturday, they better figure it out.

Double D

Tier 1
Tough loss. Might be a wake up call for this team. Lets' see how they respond. If they don't respond, might be the beginning of the end of what looked like a promising season. I can't figure it out. Really bizarre.

UTurd fans really chirp when they are way ahead. 2 clowns behind me, FROGLAW and MARINE FROG last night talked about everything under the Sun. Would not shut up. It got worse as the game went on. Geez!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
From what I saw, there were plenty of comfy seats down courtside that were empty. Run the kids down there!

OTOH, this one wasn't bothering to get up out of the recliner for. Frogs get a great crowd, and choke up a lung...

Bizarro Frog

We have so many ticketholders with floor seats on TV that don't show up. I am in favor of letting the students down there after 10 minutes of game play. If the seat holders show up late then security can move the students out. I would be inclined for the same thing to happen if they leave at half or stay in the club way past halftime.

Big Frog II

We have so many ticketholders with floor seats on TV that don't show up. I am in favor of letting the students down there after 10 minutes of game play. If the seat holders show up late then security can move the students out. I would be inclined for the same thing to happen if they leave at half or stay in the club way past halftime.
Perhaps at the 10 minute mark of the first half, let students occupy unused seats. However, after last night's disaster will they come back?

Dogfrog

That might work. Problem is the students were taking those seats an hour before tip, and some were a little belligerent about it as if they had squatters rights. Again, this is not a bad problem to have, but I saw season ticket holders go to the bathroom or concession then have to deal with interlopers when they come back, it’s a little awkward.

Double D

Tier 1
Some portals were overflowing with people who could not find a seat. Seems a little dangerous if there was a reason to evacuate. I wonder if the FW Fire Marshall will investigate for future home games? I think the overflow crowds are great but would hate for it to backfire due to city regulations for crowd size.

That might work. Problem is the students were taking those seats an hour before tip, and some were a little belligerent about it as if they had squatters rights. Again, this is not a bad problem to have, but I saw season ticket holders go to the bathroom or concession then have to deal with interlopers when they come back, it’s a little awkward.

Dogfrog

Some portals were overflowing with people who could not find a seat. Seems a little dangerous if there was a reason to evacuate. I wonder if the FW Fire Marshall will investigate for future home games? I think the overflow crowds are great but would hate for it to backfire due to city regulations for crowd size.
People who have a ticket can find their seat. The crowds in the portals were students looking for a seat. Glad to see this kind of excitement by our students, but the only thing for sure is the student enthusiasm did not produce the expected effect on the court.