• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs texas game 3

Eight

thinking about it maniac, i think a better term for me would be refocus or maybe reminder

frogs don't have a dominant starter and i don't think they have a dominant single hitter. they have talent on the pitching staff, the field, and the lineup in my limited and skewed perspective and for them to have a chance against the better teams there are certain things they absolutely have to do each time out or in can get ugly

Pharm Frog

Or he is just pressing.

CW pretty much said they would be attacking first fastballs in the zone. He’s just rolling over on the ball. And he’s been the opposite of pressing for a while now...often going down 1-2 and 0-2 after taking strikes. It’s amazing that he came into the series still batting .306

Armadillo

This weekend kinda sucked. We all agree.

Let’s win next weekend and the weekend after that then go deep and beat ut in the big 12 tourney.

I agree some changes need to be made. no coach here but perhaps we can align our rotation a little better?

Pharm Frog

Let’s win next weekend and the weekend after that then go deep and beat ut in the big 12 tourney.

I agree some changes need to be made. no coach here but perhaps we can align our rotation a little better?

I would agree with all except going deep in the tourney. Want to solidify seeding to the best of our ability prior to the tourney

4th. down

Disappointing but a good stretch run is doable. The higher up you go the more it's about pitching as it always has been.

Against the excellent teams this season, Frogs have been exposed: 1) No quality pitching depth. 2) No consistent, situational hitting. 3) No strategic, in-game coaching. Lost two of three in SEC/Big 12 Challenge. Lost two of three (at home!) to Gonzaga. Lost two of three (in Lubbock) to Texas Tech. Lost two of three (at home!) to Texas. Doesn't bode well for the preseason.

Pharm Frog

Against the excellent teams this season, Frogs have been exposed: 1) No quality pitching depth. 2) No consistent, situational hitting. 3) No strategic, in-game coaching. Lost two of three in SEC/Big 12 Challenge. Lost two of three (at home!) to Gonzaga. Lost two of three (in Lubbock) to Texas Tech. Lost two of three (at home!) to Texas. Doesn't bode well for the preseason.
Bodes precisely nothing for preseason

Paint It Purple

thinking about it maniac, i think a better term for me would be refocus or maybe reminder

frogs don't have a dominant starter and i don't think they have a dominant single hitter. they have talent on the pitching staff, the field, and the lineup in my limited and skewed perspective and for them to have a chance against the better teams there are certain things they absolutely have to do each time out or in can get ugly
Could it be that they peaked a little early. Let’s hope they will re-peak. I think they will.

Pharm Frog

Admittedly, I did not see Boyers play during his hot streak. Only watched him since then. I don’t get it. Why is he still starting? Defense? He’s been solid, I guess, but it’s left field.

He’s got more upside than any other option we’ve got. Some people think he declined after his return from injury but I’m inclined to think he got his confidence rocked when we tried to make him a lead off hitter and hasn’t recovered. Not saying the injury issue hasn’t played a factor but his approach has looked tentative and loopy since that weekend experiment. And it’s possible he has a book on him now.

Paint It Purple

He’s got more upside than any other option we’ve got. Some people think he declined after his return from injury but I’m inclined to think he got his confidence rocked when we tried to make him a lead off hitter and hasn’t recovered. Not saying the injury issue hasn’t played a factor but his approach has looked tentative and loopy since that weekend experiment. And it’s possible he has a book on him now.
Oh, there’s a book on him alright. Don’t get me wrong. I like this player. You can see the athlete in him. Just hard to understand we lack options there , or remain this committed and confident that he will figure it out by starting everyday.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Cool story. Preseason will be fine.

jake102

Just watched replay and knew game was over after first batter and seeing that strike zone with Ray on the mound. More brutal than I expected but our lineup is terrible