• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Tech Predictions

Mean Purple

Looking forward to seeing how Collins responds to this opportunity. Particularly when considering that this would be

his first start in a P5 game. A dynamic initiation would help in providing ample depth at QB.
Hoping we don't find out that our options for qb are not any better. Until they start performing, questions about recruiting will continue.

FrogLifeYo

So I Have refrained from making my prediction but I’m ready...

TCU wins

Why?
Well I look at TT schedule and I see a collection of schools who wanted to play fast with them..Houston, Ole Miss, WVU, and OSU...what do they all have in common...Pass first spread..clock stoppers...everyone one of them. Can they score? Absolutely but they haven’t played a single clock chewing team yet. If we can control the clock and reduce their possessions, we’ll win. If we are healthy up front, and can find our run game..They can’t play with us

Pharm Frog

I hope our players are substantially more "into" this game than I am. Something about Thursday night just isn't sitting right and I'm already concerned that the weekend will suck without a Saturday anchor activity.

Pharm Frog

I’ve found that large amounts of beer and football make for a solid Saturday.

I don't drink beer and I have few rooting interests in football other than the Frogs and the anti-rooting tendencies I possess for some other teams. I rarely watch an entire football game unless it involves the Frogs. Just bought tickets to see a Chicago tribute band on Saturday night (crossing my fingers that it doesn't suck) and may go see Bad Times at the El Royale for a matinee. FWIW - the Fleetwood Mac tribute band I saw several weeks ago was fantastic. Last weekend sucked badly once I got into Ft. Worth only to discover that the Frog volleyball game had been sold out for a week. This situation turned from bad to worst when Mrs. Pharm talked me into painting the master bathroom "since we now have some extra time." I fear that was a trial run and I wasn't smart enough to scheiss it up.

Moose Stuff

I don't drink beer and I have few rooting interests in football other than the Frogs and the anti-rooting tendencies I possess for some other teams. I rarely watch an entire football game unless it involves the Frogs. Just bought tickets to see a Chicago tribute band on Saturday night (crossing my fingers that it doesn't suck) and may go see Bad Times at the El Royale for a matinee. FWIW - the Fleetwood Mac tribute band I saw several weeks ago was fantastic. Last weekend sucked badly once I got into Ft. Worth only to discover that the Frog volleyball game had been sold out for a week. This situation turned from bad to worst when Mrs. Pharm talked me into painting the master bathroom "since we now have some extra time." I fear that was a trial run and I wasn't smart enough to scheiss it up.

Well sounds like you’re scheissed.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I hope our players are substantially more "into" this game than I am. Something about Thursday night just isn't sitting right and I'm already concerned that the weekend will suck without a Saturday anchor activity.
At least it’s the featured game that night. The only other game is Texas State and somebody else. Pretty much a prime time game.

Deep Purple

Even Raider Red is forced to admit it...
latest

Great Horny Toads!!!

Chongo94

Please report on said movie in the movie thread if you see it. That movie looks kinda cool but I’m holding off until I hear some reports.

RufeBruton

I predict that I won’t know the outcome until tomorrow. I am in Paris and kick off isn’t until 2:00AM-

Before I am accused of “humble brag”, I am here as part of a bucket list item: visiting my great uncle ‘s grave at the American Cemetery st the Meuse Argonne. He died on Oct 10th, 1918.

Gave my tickets to my neighbor (Princeton grad) who’s 8 year old son is crazy for TCU.

Go Frogs, beat those tortilla tossing twits!!

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I predict that I won’t know the outcome until tomorrow. I am in Paris and kick off isn’t until 2:00AM-

Before I am accused of “humble brag”, I am here as part of a bucket list item: visiting my great uncle ‘s grave at the American Cemetery st the Meuse Argonne. He died on Oct 10th, 1918.

Gave my tickets to my neighbor (Princeton grad) who’s 8 year old son is crazy for TCU.

Go Frogs, beat those tortilla tossing twits!!
East Texas isn’t really a humblebrag.

Volare

Good the see realists come out as game time approaches...

An unfortunate side effect of the board update a few years ago is that we can't look back and see the delusions and finally disillusion that occurring during that illustrious season. I believe we are in the midst of the same now.

The narrative to this point:
- Well, that OSU defense is the best we will see all year...
- Well, that UT defense after the OSU defense is the best we will see all year...
- Well, that ISU defense was pretty good, those are the best three defenses we will see all year (see a common thread here??)

I predict after this game we will hear how vastly improved the TT defense is as an excuse for the ineptness of our offense. But I was there at AGCS 12/3/16 when our season whimpered to an end, along with a few hundred KSU fans and a dozen or so Frog fans. I remember the punting on 4th down. I remember how this board became a ghost town, how every single preseason prediction of the Frogs record was over-optimistically wrong. I see it all happening again...

Frogs recover 2 turnovers. Unfortunately Tech gets 4, including a pick 6.

Tech 27, TCU 13.