• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Tech game 3

flyfishingfrog

Interesting stat:

This year's prolific offense was only 0.3 runs per game better than last year's squad (Big 12 tourney pending)
Our offense was really on prolific against the sub-par pitching we faced

We definitely proved the axiom that pitching still beats hitting

When I look back, I can recall maybe 3 games where our hitting managed to chase a top end starter

Most of the time we either beat a starter that was struggling this year or had to wait to take advantage of the bullpen much like last year

We definitely had more power this year than previous teams but we were a lot less clutch it seemed and man we could hit into a double play like no team I have ever seen

flyfishingfrog

It has become increasingly difficult to see any light at the end of this tunnel.
Seems like we may have to face two guys back to back in OKC that totally shut us down already this year- so yeah it doesn’t look great

If we could figure out what we did for that half inning yesterday where we started taking breaking balls to opposite field and result in 3 triples - I would have some hope

But it was short lived

boonecountyman

It looks like WVU will be your opening opponent in the B12 Tourney.Mazey has said he will start midweek starter Nick Snyder ,regardless of who the opponent will be.Based on prior history with TCUI would prefer not seeing you guys until later in the tourney.For some unknown reason,TCU seems to have our number.

TooColdU

It looks like WVU will be your opening opponent in the B12 Tourney.Mazey has said he will start midweek starter Nick Snyder ,regardless of who the opponent will be.Based on prior history with TCUI would prefer not seeing you guys until later in the tourney.For some unknown reason,TCU seems to have our number.

We have to keep track of KU vs K-State’s doubleheader today. If KU sweeps, then y’all will play KU and TCU has to play OK State.

Pharm Frog

Our recent history against midweek starters might suggest that we’d rather face Manoah.

boonecountyman

#35 Snyder, Nick
Snyder_Nick.jpg

Position:
LHP
Height:
6-7
Weight:
Class:
Junior
Hometown:
Marlton, N.J.
High School:
Cherokee HS
Bio:
Full Bio
Snyder, Nick - Pitching
Opponent IP H R ER BB SO
Kennesaw State
0.1 0 3 2 2 0
Canisius 3.1 4 0 0 1 6
Towson 3.0 0 0 0 0 6
Morehead State 6.0 4 2 2 4 10
Youngstown State 4.0 4 0 0 1 4
Marshall 4.0 2 1 0 5 7
Pitt 5.0 1 1 1 3 5
Maryland 5.0 3 1 1 2 6
Kansas 2.1 2 2 2 0 3
Texas 0.0 1 1 1 0 0
Marshall 9.0 1 0 0 1 16
Virginia Tech 6.1 5 2 2 4 12
Pitt 7.0 3 1 1 2 11

Paint It Purple

#35 Snyder, Nick
Snyder_Nick.jpg

Position:
LHP
Height:
6-7
Weight:
Class:
Junior
Hometown:
Marlton, N.J.
High School:
Cherokee HS
Bio:
Full Bio
Snyder, Nick - Pitching
Opponent IP H R ER BB SO
Kennesaw State
0.1 0 3 2 2 0
Canisius 3.1 4 0 0 1 6
Towson 3.0 0 0 0 0 6
Morehead State 6.0 4 2 2 4 10
Youngstown State 4.0 4 0 0 1 4
Marshall 4.0 2 1 0 5 7
Pitt 5.0 1 1 1 3 5
Maryland 5.0 3 1 1 2 6
Kansas 2.1 2 2 2 0 3
Texas 0.0 1 1 1 0 0
Marshall 9.0 1 0 0 1 16
Virginia Tech 6.1 5 2 2 4 12
Pitt 7.0 3 1 1 2 11
39 SO, last three outings. Dang

Punter1

Interesting stat:

This year's prolific offense was only 0.3 runs per game better than last year's squad (Big 12 tourney pending)

Great point. When I read Schloss saying earlier this year that we "Not only have an Omaha offense...but a National Championship offense." I was like...what the darn???

I have never been a fan of our hitting coach and have been the most obnoxious protester of our base running philosophy for 5 years now. I agree this team had the POTENTIAL to be a crazy good offense...even good enough to mask some of the horrid defense...but the runs just never came

Pharm Frog

And KU comes back with a two-out RBI double from a kid hitting like .127 to tie it up at 4. I swear that KU does more with less than any team I've seen.

EDIT: And FWIW -- KU has used 6 pitchers through 6 innings.

And a two-out error on KSU plates another Hawk run making it 5-4 KU (on 5 hits). Frogs will need a Cat rally to avoid finishing 6th in the conference. I'm not sure what to root for anymore. A KSU win and the Frogs are 5th but they would likely be last in the Big 12 in RPI.

Last edited: