• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs SMEW Prediction Thread

Froggish

Seems like this game usually just comes down to how over confident we are going into it. From that perspective I fee like having to face some adversity against CAL helps us show up to this one with our mind right. If we show up ready to bang than I think we are in full control midway through the 3rd. If not its a 4th Q hair on fire type game. SMU has raised their roster athleticism quite a bit. The usual BS of not showing up until the 2ndQ isn't going to fly.

HFrog12

I think one of two things happens. Either we come out fired up with a well prepared game plan after having two weeks and stick it to SMU. But then we slip against UT after putting eggs in the beat SMU basket. Or once again GP's UT hate shows and we have prepped for UT and overlook SMU, making the SMU game a lot closer than it should.

I know there is the one game at a time mantra and GP "doesn't overlook anyone". But I gotta think here is a time allotment and preparation strategy. That is my baseless assumption.

FrogCop19

R.1e5ea4a384f9594a19f060c4781bb624

Damnit, you stole mine from last week.

Froggish

I think one of two things happens. Either we come out fired up with a well prepared game plan after having two weeks and stick it to SMU. But then we slip against UT after putting eggs in the beat SMU basket. Or once again GP's UT hate shows and we have prepped for UT and overlook SMU, making the SMU game a lot closer than it should.

I know there is the one game at a time mantra and GP "doesn't overlook anyone". But I gotta think here is a time allotment and preparation strategy. That is my baseless assumption.

I don’t think GP overlooks SMU this year. I’ve heard behind the scenes that he was pretty embarrassed that Dykes beat him 2 years ago…Now that doesn’t mean his team will care. I think he’s had trouble getting his teams emotionally ready to play over the last few years.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
42-7 TCU. Yes I said seven. No I don't have any paperwork to back that up. Stop hassling me. I just work here.

525 frog yards

westoverhillbilly

TCU 34
SMU 13
490 yards of offense for TCU

SMU sells out to stop the run and Max finally quits overthrowing as many deep balls and torches them, then Zach and Kendre get to combine for 300 yards on the ground. Our corners play a decent game.

dawg

CJK5H: 38
Frogs: 40

510 yards.

Dykes can coach offense, and our secondary got torched by a team Nevada held to 17 points. Hell, he probably held 85% of his playbook back for this game. Like always, SMOO comes out of the gate white hot (/no racist) in their Super Bowl. Duggan and Evans lead the comeback, and the defense recovers and makes the final stop.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
With a TCU group of LB’ers that get run over in the hole, a QB that can only throw the ball into an ocean 1 out of 3 times, “Superstar” Defensive players that read the press clippings and then don’t show up to play, and coaches that have one of the 10 best RB’s in the country but “want to protect him with 10 carries a game”……………

SMU 38
TCU 24

and a half empty stadium that would be almost full if the game were at 7:30 at night!