• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs OSU Game Thread

MTfrog5

If a baseball player struck out his first four at bats (no one on base) and then hit a walk off homer in in the bottom of the ninth would you say he had a good or bad game?

He is hitting .200 that game, but I would say he had a GREAT game. Just my opinion.
I’d say let’s not make a habit of sucking all game because that walk off isn’t going to happen every time

Wog68

If we are going after foreigners, we need to look more towards Europe rather than Aust./NZ, especially for that big 4 that we need. Just my opinion as a very experienced observer.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
A lot of bitterness in this thread, and a large helping of home-team loathing...

It sucks that we lost 4 guys this year, all 4 of whom it turns out could have contributed. We are probably not going to reach our full potential that we could have at the beginning of this season. But geez, is that a reason to go all "sky is falling"? No.

What is essentially a 6 man squad right now is doing the damned best they can fighting through fatigue in the BEST conference in the nation. Criticize a play, make an observation. But don't consistently trash our young men or denigrate their efforts to make yourself feel like a basketball expert, generic bitter TCU fan. And don't trash fans trying to point out the positives.

Moose Stuff

A lot of bitterness in this thread, and a large helping of home-team loathing...

It sucks that we lost 4 guys this year, all 4 of whom it turns out could have contributed. We are probably not going to reach our full potential that we could have at the beginning of this season. But geez, is that a reason to go all "sky is falling"? No.

What is essentially a 6 man squad right now is doing the damned best they can fighting through fatigue in the BEST conference in the nation. Criticize a play, make an observation. But don't consistently trash our young men or denigrate their efforts to make yourself feel like a basketball expert, generic bitter TCU fan. And don't trash fans trying to point out the positives.

upload_2019-2-7_16-54-6.jpeg

AroundWorldFrog

If a baseball player struck out his first four at bats (no one on base) and then hit a walk off homer in in the bottom of the ninth would you say he had a good or bad game?

He is hitting .200 that game, but I would say he had a GREAT game. Just my opinion.

LOL, Seriously? A great baseball player hits .300 while a great BB shoots 50% from 2 and 40% from 3. Miller was 3-12 and 1-5 respectively. That is not good.

Now if you said he was 1-5 with a walkoff homer(which makes no sense in a comparison), then he was 0-4 with 22 errors before that. Wouldn't have been behind in the first place without his atrocious play.

Edit. Just paraphrased Pharm's arguments it seems. :)

CountryFrog

OK Country, you can pump sunshine all you want - go get the 2* and I'll take the 5*:

https://www.prepcircuit.com/news_article/show/993004
I wasn't pumping sunshine. I was making a statement of fact.

We're bringing in plenty of highly recruited players. If the staff sees something positive in a player and think he can be a good player and a good fit at TCU then I'm quite certain they don't care one way or the other how many stars he has, nor should they.

CountryFrog

Are we going to take the “starsies don’t matter” discussion to the basketball thread as well? I am pretty sure Jaime would trade anyone on our team for Zion Williams in a second.
Since we're throwing out impossible hypotheticals that everyone would agree with then why don't we just trade our walk on to the Pelicans for Anthony Davis?

Moose Stuff

LOL, Seriously? A great baseball player hits .300 while a great BB shoots 50% from 2 and 40% from 3. Miller was 3-12 and 1-5 respectively. That is not good.

Now if you said he was 1-5 with a walkoff homer(which makes no sense in a comparison), then he was 0-4 with 22 errors before that. Wouldn't have been behind in the first place without his atrocious play.

Edit. Just paraphrased Pharm's arguments it seems. :)

You guys are hammering him for an analogy that really wasn’t that bad. At the very least you understood the point he was trying to make.