• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs OSU Game Thread

4th. down

In fairness, I was going to post something positive about Bane coming out on fire in the first half (which hadn't happened in a while) but he was 5-5 or something like that and I didn't want to jinx it.

EDIT: And there was another positive post about not getting beat in bench scoring. We ended up dominating that stat by the way 5-2. Turned out we needed it to win.

With Noi starting, we just don't have a bench. Our starters are logging some serious minutes, game after game. Don't see how they are going to hold up the rest of the season.

Jamie has his work cut out for him during the off season. Nembhard, Lat, and Barlow still are not ready to contribute and may in fact get passed by incoming freshmen. I mean they are so weak, no scoring and no rebounds. Just a body out on the floor.

East Coast

Tier 1
I think Jamie needs thank me for the win. Turned it on at half with a comfortable lead only to watch us give everything up and more. Turned it off in disgust down 5 with a little over 2 minutes remaining. Obviously I’m bad luck...

I think we are playing like we are worn out. When OSU lost 4 players they brought in 2 more walk ons. At least they have more bodies to practice with, which we don’t.

Eight

With Noi starting, we just don't have a bench. Our starters are logging some serious minutes, game after game. Don't see how they are going to hold up the rest of the season.

Jamie has his work cut out for him during the off season. Nembhard, Lat, and Barlow still are not ready to contribute and may in fact get passed by incoming freshmen. I mean they are so weak, no scoring and no rebounds. Just a body out on the floor.

frogs current class is a pg in farabello, a combo guard in fuller, and a wing player in smith. all have great potential, but the tallest of the 3 is smith at 6'6"

lat and barlow must get better in the off-season as at this time the only other big on the roster is samuel and when i watch lat i see a 6'9" perimeter player and not a big.

it will be interesting to see if tcu picks up a big prospect or transfer in the off season

Wog68

frogs current class is a pg in farabello, a combo guard in fuller, and a wing player in smith. all have great potential, but the tallest of the 3 is smith at 6'6"

lat and barlow must get better in the off-season as at this time the only other big on the roster is samuel and when i watch lat i see a 6'9" perimeter player and not a big.

it will be interesting to see if tcu picks up a big prospect or transfer in the off season
I see Lat as a bench player.

4th. down

Have to agree, I haven't seen Lat get in the paint and rumble. He stays out on the perimeter and just kinda floats around but then so does Nembhard. Barlow will hang around in the paint but he's more of a traffic cop.

Big Frog II

We seem to build up big leads at home, but can't hold on to them due to the lack of depth. I just have to imagine that our starting 5 are getting worn out. Unless the few bench players we have really get with it the rest of the season, we are going to have to wait until next year to really improve.

cheese83

Lat needs to keep developing, he was a mess last night. I think the staff will help him improve and he can be a solid bench player for us. Samuel & Barlow will be good at the 5, I'm hoping Fuller & Nembhard can take over the 3 spot while Noi & Mayen play the 4. Then we will have a combo of Farabello, Davis, Bane, and maybe Dylan Arnette? Either way I'm thinking we are a great spot for a grad transfer or two, because we will need it next season.

Eight

We also have Diante Smith coming in.

smith was mentioned and he is a very talented player, but as i said above he is only 6'6"

tall for the average guy walking the street, but not tall for the college game and a number of kids in the current game view stepping inside the arc let alone the lane as a no go

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Barlow will be fine. You're not supposed to be seeing him this year. Give him another offseason to develop, and he will do well. Lat is not an inside player in my opinion. He is more of a tall Noi. Which could be a great skill set as he gets older.

Eight

Have to agree, I haven't seen Lat get in the paint and rumble. He stays out on the perimeter and just kinda floats around but then so does Nembhard. Barlow will hang around in the paint but he's more of a traffic cop.

rj is a 6'3" combo guard so while i think it is important for someone in that role to drive the ball he can be effective from the permeter

i would like a 4 that can shoot from behind the arc or the high pick and roll i really want a 4 who is athletic and is physical on both ends

MTfrog5

smith was mentioned and he is a very talented player, but as i said above he is only 6'6"

tall for the average guy walking the street, but not tall for the college game and a number of kids in the current game view stepping inside the arc let alone the lane as a no go
6'6 is above average in the college game.