• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs OSU Game Thread

Pharm Frog

Good job guys. I don't think there was a single positive comment in this entire thread until "we won."

read it again:

There was a positive comment about the Frog ladies coming back to win against Tech.
There was a positive comment about Kevin Samuel being perfect from the field...in fact, a couple.
There was a positive comment about an inbounds play.
There was a positive comment about attendance in the westside bowl.
There was a positive comment about confidence in Miller making a three point eventually.
There was a positive comment regarding the lack of OSU fans in attendance.
There was a positive comment related to Kevin Samuel's alley oop slam on an assist from ARob

CountryFrog

read it again:

There was a positive comment about the Frog ladies coming back to win against Tech.
There was a positive comment about Kevin Samuel being perfect from the field...in fact, a couple.
There was a positive comment about confidence in Miller making a three point eventually.
There was a positive comment related to Kevin Samuel's alley oop slam on an assist from ARob
A monsoon of positivity

read it again:

Also about the new football uniform models :)

CountryFrog

Just got home and saw the flagrant one foul on JD and I'm baffled how that was a foul on him? The OSU players hooked JD's arm
Yea what the hell was that? And even if they determined that JD initiated the contact then what about that was flagrant? I don't understand basketball rules sometimes.

Pharm Frog

A monsoon of positivity

In fairness, I was going to post something positive about Bane coming out on fire in the first half (which hadn't happened in a while) but he was 5-5 or something like that and I didn't want to jinx it.

EDIT: And there was another positive post about not getting beat in bench scoring. We ended up dominating that stat by the way 5-2. Turned out we needed it to win.

Francis Xav

Listen...a win is a win. We had several iffy fouls called against us too. Not perfect. But . A win. Came out on fire. Gotta step on throats.

CountryFrog

In fairness, I was going to post something positive about Bane coming out on fire in the first half (which hadn't happened in a while) but he was 5-5 or something like that and I didn't want to jinx it.

EDIT: And there was another positive post about not getting beat in bench scoring. We ended up dominating that stat by the way 5-2. Turned out we needed it to win.
Not wanting to jinx the good things happening by mentioning them is actually not a horrible excuse. If you'd complimented Bane's 1st half performance then he almost certainly would've missed the front end of that 1-and-1 with 20 seconds left.

SuperTFrog

The key to the game was letting Davis guard #13 down the stretch. That totally changed their offense as #13 couldn’t get in the lane anymore.

Davis has been critical in more than a few games this year. Kid has an extremely bright future for us.

BABYFACE

Automatic stop clock on the make. I still think it should have been 01. or 0.2 at most but whatever
I don’t like the rule. It is so subjective. Are you stopping the clock right at the pass they rim or thru the net? No clock operator can stop the clock that quick in that situation.

I think most officiating crews don’t look to put back time in that situation. If it is that close to zero, most don’t worry about it. Instead one official felt the need to run to the monitor trying to find a tenth of a second or more.

Last edited:

BABYFACE

The key to the game was letting Davis guard #13 down the stretch. That totally changed their offense as #13 couldn’t get in the lane anymore.

Davis has been critical in more than a few games this year. Kid has an extremely bright future for us.

Don’t understand why he want substituted in sooner.