• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Ohio St. Prediction Threads

Diehard

Well, as Lou Holtz said a couple of years ago. Not only is every year a new season, but every game is a new season. You never know what you have until you take the field. And that applies to both teams. So, we'll see. Being a homer I say we win another big game on a two point conversion.
Frogs -29
OSU - 28

Mean Purple

Well, as Lou Holtz said a couple of years ago. Not only is every year a new season, but every game is a new season. You never know what you have until you take the field. And that applies to both teams. So, we'll see. Being a homer I say we win another big game on a two point conversion.
Frogs -29
OSU - 28
So much this. Both teams will be hyped up. tOSU knows that stadium very well. I watched them make USC look like the dog they were last year. Granted, I was wore out after a flight from SA, but I'm pretty sure I really saw buckeye's defense schooled up on Sam Duhnold

WANG

Hey Everyone,

Don't kill me, just an OSU fan who likes to check out opposing teams message boards before big games to get some insight into what their thoughts are, etc.

I promise I will do no trash talking, as that is not my schtick.

I'd love to get some honest feedback (I've enjoyed reading through the prediction thread so far, and like to see there is as much infighting here as my OSU board haha) about the strengths/weaknesses of your team, and I am more than happy to discuss with anyone who would like about my Buckeyes.

I haven't watched much of TCU this year, so I can't really put my finger on what to expect from them, but what I've seen so far:

TCU's biggest offensive threat is their QB, who can kill you with his legs, but his arm still needs a little work. The OL is young but seems to be improved from last year, which is a good thing. Defensively, TCU is always good.

I think that OSU wins (cause of course I do, I'm a homer), but the biggest threat is if your QB can get loose. OSU's LB play has been poor so far, and a mobile QB terrifies me.

If OSU can keep him contained, I see them winning comfortably, but if he can get loose and gash the Bucks, then it's anyone's game.

Hope to have some good conversation this week, good luck to you all!

SnoSki

If Oregon State can go to Columbus in opening weekend and score 31, I like our odds to score at least 32 in Cowboys stadium, where Shawn Robinson has had great success there in the past.

The question is, how do we fare against their offense?

BuckeyeLegion

If Oregon State can go to Columbus in opening weekend and score 31, I like our odds to score at least 32 in Cowboys stadium, where Shawn Robinson has had great success there in the past.

Alternately, if SMU can keep the TCU offense out of the endzone until halfway through the 3rd quarter...

I'm sure both units will look better than a terrible half of football against an overmatched opponent in the middle of a weather delay.

WANG

To be fair, OSU was missing their starting S (out sick), and most of that scoring came off of long plays where the replacement safties missed their assignments...badly lol.

With Fuller back in the mix, OSU kept Rutgers to 3 points. It's only Rutgers, but still.

jake102

To be fair, OSU was missing their starting S (out sick), and most of that scoring came off of long plays where the replacement safties missed their assignments...badly lol.

With Fuller back in the mix, OSU kept Rutgers to 3 points. It's only Rutgers, but still.

yeah I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. I don't think OSU defense is 31 points to Oregon State bad, but probably not a #1 defense. Thinking your defense is a little like Clemson's.... incredible front four, the back half has some holes in places.

Chongo94

Hey Everyone,

Don't kill me, just an OSU fan who likes to check out opposing teams message boards before big games to get some insight into what their thoughts are, etc.

I promise I will do no trash talking, as that is not my schtick.

I'd love to get some honest feedback (I've enjoyed reading through the prediction thread so far, and like to see there is as much infighting here as my OSU board haha) about the strengths/weaknesses of your team, and I am more than happy to discuss with anyone who would like about my Buckeyes.

I haven't watched much of TCU this year, so I can't really put my finger on what to expect from them, but what I've seen so far:

TCU's biggest offensive threat is their QB, who can kill you with his legs, but his arm still needs a little work. The OL is young but seems to be improved from last year, which is a good thing. Defensively, TCU is always good.

I think that OSU wins (cause of course I do, I'm a homer), but the biggest threat is if your QB can get loose. OSU's LB play has been poor so far, and a mobile QB terrifies me.

If OSU can keep him contained, I see them winning comfortably, but if he can get loose and gash the Bucks, then it's anyone's game.

Hope to have some good conversation this week, good luck to you all!

Our qb has a great arm, up there with anyone in the nation I’d wager. That said, his accuracy so far seems a bit off here and there at times. Our wrs have speed to burn although sometimes it seems they forget they need to catch too. We’ve got serious talent at running back so no worries there. And agreed, I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the OL thus far given that it was a concern going into the season.

We lost our best player on the DL for the season sadly. And personally I don’t think that we will be able to pressure your qb much.

SnoSki

I wish that it hadn’t rained last week so that we could have a better read on our team. Playing in a downpour changes the strategy and dynamics of a game substantially.

That said maybe these changes help obscure our team a bit from Ohio State.

I’m definitely looking forward to Saturday. I think the buckeyes are very good but definitely beatable.

WANG

yeah I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. I don't think OSU defense is 31 points to Oregon State bad, but probably not a #1 defense. Thinking your defense is a little like Clemson's.... incredible front four, the back half has some holes in places.
That's an apt assessment. The LBs are where the biggest concern lies.

WANG

Our qb has a great arm, up there with anyone in the nation I’d wager. That said, his accuracy so far seems a bit off here and there at times. Our wrs have speed to burn although sometimes it seems they forget they need to catch too. We’ve got serious talent at running back so no worries there. And agreed, I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the OL thus far given that it was a concern going into the season.

We lost our best player on the DL for the season sadly. And personally I don’t think that we will be able to pressure your qb much.

Thanks for the breakdown!

Unfortunate about your DL, if OSU's QB is given time, he can be dangerous.

Casey T

I'm pretty bummed reading a lot of these predictions from fellow frog "fans." This game is very similar to LSU 2013 - early season game at Jerry world against a blue blood with more stars. That 4-8 TCU squad lost by 10 with our TERRIBLE OCs and was in it till the end. We are bigger and better now 5 years later.

Way too much underestimating GP on here, loss predictions are fine but by 15+ points is not a good look imo. Just because the buckeyes run up the score against ass teams doesn't make them gods, Iowa beat them last year