• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Ohio St. Prediction Threads

Moose Stuff

Need Robinson to play like Mond and our WRs (Reagor) to stop dropping the ball and make the impossible catches

If those two things happen, we have a chance. They have us beat up front assuming Summers at DE. If Collier comes back and plays effectively 60%+ snaps at DE and Summers slides effortlessly back to LB, then I like our chances a lot more. Sewo is going to need to power through for a bunch of 3yd gains just to make it a little more manageable

I’ll be surprised if we win without winning the turnover battle by more than one and getting at least one TD from ST/Def. If everything breaks evenly I feel like they’re probably 10 or so points better than us (perhaps something similarto the LSU game we played at the same location).

Volare

Just like our LSU home/home that was waived off in favor of a single game at Jerry World, this showdown is one year too early. With another year of experience this game would be much more in our favor, but as for this year, not so much.

38-14 bad guys.

Wexahu

Just like our LSU home/home that was waived off in favor of a single game at Jerry World, this showdown is one year too early. With another year of experience this game would be much more in our favor, but as for this year, not so much.

38-14 bad guys.

I’m not sure there’s ever a good time to play an OSU caliber program. They’ve got a new QB too and very few senior starters. While I agree that on paper we might project to be a little better next year, the same thing could probably be said about them.

Just gotta step up and take them down.

TCUownstheBig12

Slow start again. “Win” the second half. Too little, too late. 38-24 tOSU.

We finish 8-4 (I originally had 7-5 but I’ll swap my UT loss to a win).

Bob

This will be a close game, but I think Shaun Robinson will show what he's got, the Purple Rain defense will shut it down, and the Frogs win 20 - 10.

Smellslikeroses

As pointed out before we’ve seen a very vanilla offense from SC. But we’ve seen a just as vanilla defensive playbook. Barely any Blitz, especially nothing elaborate like some of his corner Blitzes. I think that’s why Gary has a tinkle in his eye. He knows he can do a lot more and will do a lot more this week.

Planks

This is sort of how I feel. I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Robinson. He makes good decisions and he has all-world talent. I think he could possibly the best QB Gary Patterson has ever had by the end of his college career.

But with that being said, it’s pretty clear Robinson is still a year away. In order to beat a team with OSU type talent, we need a quarterback is in his prime. Robinson isn’t there yet.

I do believe TCU can beat teams like OSU, just not this year in this situation. TCU lost to LSU in 2013, but I think we would have beat them handily in 2014 when Boykin was in his prime. It just depends upon the year and the situation and I don’t think this is the year. An inexperienced QB and O-line, combined with some key injuries on D-line (Blacklock and Collier) is simply not the TCU recipe for beating OSU.

OSU 38 TCU 21

Last edited:

Planks

I’m not sure there’s ever a good time to play an OSU caliber program. They’ve got a new QB too and very few senior starters. While I agree that on paper we might project to be a little better next year, the same thing could probably be said about them.

Just gotta step up and take them down.

Having a quarterback in his prime goes a long way in narrowing a talent gap.

And while OSU has a new QB as well in Dwayne Haskins, he has the advantage of being a year older than Robinson. He’s been excellent through two games. Yeah Oregon State and Rutgers are terribad, but Haskins has been great and his deep ball looks polished. He threw more touchdowns than incompletions against Rutgers. He’s probably better than their Senior starter JT Barrett from last year.

CountryFrog

This is sort of how I feel. I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Robinson. He makes good decisions and he has all-world talent. I think he could possibly the best QB Gary Patterson has ever had by the end of his college career.

But with that being said, it’s pretty clear Robinson is still a year away. In order to beat a team with OSU type talent, we need a quarterback is in his prime. Robinson isn’t there yet.

I do believe TCU can beat teams like OSU, just not this year in this situation. TCU lost to LSU in 2013, but I think we would have beat them handily in 2014 when Boykin was in his prime. It just depends upon the year and the situation and I don’t think this is the year. An inexperienced QB and O-line, combined with some key injuries on D-line (Blacklock and Collier) is simply not the TCU recipe for beating OSU.

OSU 38 TCU 21
Robinson has played a game and a half this year. How is it possibly "pretty clear that he's a year away?" How are we already making judgments about the entirety of the season after 2 weeks against nothing opponents?

OSU 38 TCU 21
SR has not hit his ceiling but he still brings a lot to the table. I would not be offended if the game plan gets away from the dink and dunk we ran against better teams last season where we more or less played not to lose and the game was put more in his hands to actually be a difference maker. He's got it in him to be; if the OL and receivers give him some help he might surprise you.