• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs. NC State: Saturday Regional Game

jack the frog

Paint It Purple said:
One out away from a team win. Yall are so wrong in how you see this game. Someone said Morrison wasn't sharp. He may have been at his very best. Two bad [Rod Gilmore] ball players went against each other at the end. One turned around a fastball that everyone on here couldnt even see much less hit.

I hear what you are saying but I think this, with maybe a few exceptions, are fans like me playing Monday morning Coach and having a little conversation. I cannot think of a more textbook example of Stuff Happens in Baseball. Did basically everything that needed to be done to win it, just did not work out because of a serious clutch hit.  

cdsfrog

Flying T said:
You were at Lupton but still "posted" on this thread the entire game?
Pretty much. Usually I don't. Tack that on as a another reason. Home with kiddo who's sleeping right now so bad juju today

tetonfrog

The only thing TCU should focus on is Stony Brook. One game - one win - at a time. Let's worry about NC State tonight. And it would be good if Riley could get an easy inning in the early game. Go Frogs!

blakespop

Not to be a db by downer but didn't NC State beat SB using a bullpen arm? I think they still have 2 of their top 3 starters available. Also, was it my purple googles or did steinhagen make that catch in LF? My wife had some friends over and couldn't hear what was being said. (not making excuses just wonder if that was the correct call)

Moose Stuff

blakespop said:
Not to be a db by downer but didn't NC State beat SB using a bullpen arm? I think they still have 2 of their top 3 starters available. Also, was it my purple googles or did steinhagen make that catch in LF? My wife had some friends over and couldn't hear what was being said. (not making excuses just wonder if that was the correct call)
For both games today and the potential game tomorrow whoever we start will be better than whoever the opponent starts. Few teams are built to endure a losers bracket the way we are.

ShreveFrog

NNM said:
Interview of Palmeiro on TV. Pretty articulate these days. Wasn't he one of the ones who suddenly couldn't speak English when called before the congressional committee on steroids?

No, unlike Sosa, Raffy was quite clear:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ1UMaAosV8

Though perhaps he wasn't lying since he added the word "today." LOL