• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs. NC State: Saturday Regional Game

TLR2011

It's baseball and [ Finebaum ] happens. The ball Crain hit out to right field with the bases loaded could just have easily fallen or gotten past the diving right fielder. I'll take my chances on Riley attacking hitters with low 90's stuff and making them barrel up a ball rather than the walk fest against Baylor. We made alot of mistakes tonight but they also made some mistakes too. Let's get the baseball gods back on our side today. See you at the field. 

KLPFROG

KLPFROG said:
It's all hands on deck today if you are a Frog fan!! Those boys are going to need our energy! Let's go win 2 today! GO FROGS!!!!!
Also, find your lucky anything and everything and wear it!

Purp

Count me among the camp who thinks the bunt was the right move.  I skipped several pages of debate so I'll probably say something that's already been said, but when you're down a run in the bottom of the 9th and you have a chance to get a guy on 3rd with one out and a chance to bring him home with a sac fly you do it.  When K. Jones is the batter it makes the decision to bunt even easier.  Even with hindsight right now I'd make that move 100 times out of 100.

berryfrog95

netty2424 said:
Schloss said in post game presser that "Riley pitched great." Said the home run pitch was placed well, down, 96mph.
Whether that's true or false, he has to say that....keeps the team cohesive and that's why he's a great coach

PurpleBlood87

swimmerbabe11 said:
I'm not arguing that was terrible, but in the same game we had an in the park homer and stretched a hit into a triple. 
That wasn't an inside the park home run. The runner was going to be held at third until the left fielder launched the ball like a mortar round that no one was going to catch.

The triple was good running because the center fielder had trouble getting the ball and even dropped it trying to pick ut up.

tcujsauce

Today will be the first games I'm able to make it to this weekend. Got a lot of pent up Wooooooo ready to unleash on SB and NC State. Let's do this scheissing [ Finebaum ].

jack the frog

froginmn said:
I coach at the youth level and was part of coach selection committee and that situation is actually an interview question.

The correct answer, which I heard dozens of times from candidates with lots more knowledge than i, is "it depends who's at the plate, and who's on base, but with all that said, I'm going to bunt him over."

I'm not trying to act like some guru, but it drives me crazy to hear people on here saying that Schloss made a mistake.

I'll settle for that. Somewhere between "each and every time" and calling it a mistake. I would have preferred a conventional at bat but that all that is, a fan preference around the luxury of zero outs. I lift weights around a guy that pitched for a few years in the Dodgers farm organization and played for OK State. He knows his baseball. I looked for him this morning with the question in mind. His answer was "Depends, I most likely bunt."

Ron Swanson

Before the at bat, me and my buddy were discussing whether to bunt, and we both said that wenknewnforna fact that we would bunt and we were both okay with that. Like FroginMN, I said it would depend on the quality of the guy at the plate's bunting and hitting ability, as well as how much confidence you had in him getting an actual hit relative to the guys behind him in the lineup.

Keaton has been one of our most reliable bunters, so I was good with that.

netty2424

Frogs1983 said:
Bunt was the right call. Problem  is the bunt was poorly placed allowing runner to be thrown our at third.
Zoomed in to see if that was a football. Yes. Yes it is.
3dDu9po.png

JugbandFrog

steelfrog said:
Dumb.

We lost. Something is obviously wrong with Ferrell

That is all
I had to stop watching because of a prior commitment and when I turned off tv I knew Ferrell was going to blow the save. He is not the pitcher we expect him to be right now.

Paint It Purple

swimmerbabe11 said:

Touche. 

Bad error by Crain, bad baserunning decision by ??, stupid call to bunt by Schloss + bad execution, Bad throw + walk by Ferrell...

lots of factors.
One out away from a team win. Yall are so wrong in how you see this game. Someone said Morrison wasn't sharp. He may have been at his very best. Two bad ass ball players went against each other at the end. One turned around a fastball that everyone on here couldnt even see much less hit.