• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs LSU and ticket sales...

ShepFrog

I saw that Del Conte said that the tickets will not be a part of the season ticket prices. How much do you think they will be selling the tickets for (figured some of you have been to a TCU game at Texas Stadium before might know)? Also, the season ticket holders will get first pick, correct?

DeuceBoogieNights

I remember the Oregon State tickets being expensive. They were more than what I paid for the Fiesta Bowl I know that. Wouldnt be surprised if they were $125-$175

ShepFrog

I remember the Oregon State tickets being expensive. They were more than what I paid for the Fiesta Bowl I know that. Wouldnt be surprised if they were $125-$175
That is what I was thinking they would be. I am having a baby in September and my wife already told me season tickets may be a bad idea. Hoping I can go the the LSU game and at least a few more.

cdsfrog

Good Oregon State seats ran for $125-175 depending on how close you wanted to be to the 50 yard line. (I got lucky and paid $130 each for 45 yard line)

LSU will be double that in the open market. Priority points seats will stink I'm sure. Wife already understands that day is going to be expensive as crap.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being

Paid $100 for my Oregon State tix (according to my GoFrogs acct history.....less than the Fiesta at $135 per). Expect that the LSU game will be higher than $100.

SnoSki

Will there be a certain number of seats blocked off for TCU fans to get first crack, or will it be a free for all?

Can easily imagine it being a free for all and LSU getting 85% of the seats

tcudoc

Wasn't the BYU game included in the season ticket package? That may have been because the home schedule sucked so bad that year.

BABYFACE

When the game is the College FB Kickofff Classic, which this one is, Jerry and his people set the pricing. It is going to be a pricey ticket.

BABYFACE

Wasn't the BYU game included in the season ticket package? That may have been because the home schedule sucked so bad that year.

Yes, but it wasn't the kickoff classic. TCU rented Jerrryworld and thus set the pricing for the game and made it part of the season tickets for 2011 season. Kickoff Classic is Jerry's game.

MidlandFrog

Will there be a certain number of seats blocked off for TCU fans to get first crack, or will it be a free for all?

Can easily imagine it being a free for all and LSU getting 85% of the seats

No both schools get an allotment. We easily had 35-40K at Oregon State. I think it will be a pretty packed house, LSU might outnumber us but it will be minimal. My guess is 40K TCU, 45-50K LSU

weklfrog

Yes it was. Of course the price of the season tix was increased by the prie of the BYU game ticket. As I recall, I paid $65 more per season tix that year because of that. The price of the ticket for the BYU game depended on where your seats were at ACS. Mine were in the lower bowl on the west side so I got $65 tickets for the BYU game but they were pretty good seats at the Deathstar. If you had less desirable seats at ACS, then you got a $45 ticket for the BYU game.

bsquared63

The Cowboys season ticket holders get first crack, but I remember paying quite a bit for the Oregon State tickets. They were club seats though and in my opinion well worth it. I just was on the wrong side of the field since they were through Cowboys and not TCU.

cdsfrog

The Cowboys season ticket holders get first crack, but I remember paying quite a bit for the Oregon State tickets. They were club seats though and in my opinion well worth it. I just was on the wrong side of the field since they were through Cowboys and not TCU.

25k go to each school first. Then remaining allocation goes to season ticket holders first. Then open market

Endless Purple

If I remember right, we could buy a different number of tickets then we had season tickets for Oregon St. I thought it was capped per season ticket holder to maybe 4.

I bring this up as I have 3 season tickets but would likely buy only 2 for this game if I go.