• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Kansas State Big Xii tourney thread

WhatTheFrog

Quick question...a few weeks ago (ISU or OSU), there was time left on the clock and the officials spent about 5 minutes determining how much time (.6 secs) to put back on the clock. There was time remaining when that last basket was made by KSU. Why didn't they stop the clock and restore a fraction of a second or so and give TCU the ball? Does that only occur at the end of a game, or for certain teams?

It's a serious question. Maybe I don't know basketball rules that well (admittedly).

LawFrog504

someone explain to me why it is a good thing for alex to be dribbling outside the 28 foot line, have miller half heartedly set a pick at the 28 foot line and then both break to the basket only to result in a turnover
It's legitimately the only play we have. I pointed this out 5 weeks ago and got crucified. Has proven to be the most true thing about our season

LVH

Quick question...a few weeks ago (ISU or OSU), there was time left on the clock and the officials spent about 5 minutes determining how much time (.6 secs) to put back on the clock. There was time remaining when that last basket was made by KSU. Why didn't they stop the clock and restore a fraction of a second or so and give TCU the ball? Does that only occur at the end of a game, or for certain teams?

It's a serious question. Maybe I don't know basketball rules that well (admittedly).

Only in the last 2 minutes of a game

Eight

the frustration is that when this team moves the ball in the half court they can be effective. shooters get open and everyone gets involved and we don't have 2-3 players just standing and watching.

i truly don't understand running the high and i mean absurdly high (25 feet out and beyond) pick and roll again and again and again where bane and noi get stagnant standing on the wings and there is no interior scoring threat.

Eight

It's legitimately the only play we have. I pointed this out 5 weeks ago and got crucified. Has proven to be the most true thing about our season

that isn't the only thing they do which is what is so frustrating. look at the first half against texas where alex didn't dominate the ball by dribbling and the ball got moved inside and around the perimeter.

4th. down

the frustration is that when this team moves the ball in the half court they can be effective. shooters get open and everyone gets involved and we don't have 2-3 players just standing and watching.

i truly don't understand running the high and i mean absurdly high (25 feet out and beyond) pick and roll again and again and again where bane and noi get stagnant standing on the wings and there is no interior scoring threat.

Jamie could change that if he wanted but obviously prefers that tactic.

AroundWorldFrog

200w.webp