• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Kansas State Big Xii tourney thread

netty2424

No doubt. We have all of our normal flaws PLUS being exhausted.

Every team has flaws andi just don't see the point in constantly harping on the same 2 or 3 things as a fan. We're not a team that's going to play a clean game offensively or really lock you down defensively. That's the way it is and I'm not sure what the coaches can really do about it at this point with the limited personnel options.
Like being exhausted? That narrative is getting old too if I’m being honest. If we’re too tired to play and the outcome is a foregone conclusion simply because we’re tired, then what are these guys even playing for.

DickBumpastache

The losses to the Oklahoma schools are really going to hurt us. OU is now squarely on the bubble and they swept us. We don't have much of an argument for being in over them.

At this point I'm just going to guess that we'll be in the First Four...but I have zero confidence in that.

Eight

We turned the ball over a lot when he aren’t exhausted too

countryfrog hit a couple of key points.

one, this team all year long just hasn't protected the basketball very well. early on in non-conference they got away with it for a couple of reasons. when comp got tougher, teams were familiar with the frogs half court offense,and the great exodus took place it went from being an occasional problem to a killer.

rock bottom was the 24 turnovers to 14 assists in morgantown and that isn't a good defensive wvu team.

the other is playing those two games in less than 24 hours. huge advantage in this tournament for top seeds not having to play that first round game and they should be rewarded for their season.

little depth, bad ball protection tendencies, and two games in less than 24 hours is too big a hill to climb for this group

CountryFrog

Like being exhausted? That narrative is getting old too if I’m being honest. If we’re too tired to play and the outcome is a foregone conclusion simply because we’re tired, then what are these guys even playing for.
Never said the game was a foregone conclusion. We almost won today. Everyone acknowledges the team has flaws even when they are totally rested so it's only going to be exaggerated when they're fatigued. I'm not sure how any of what I'm saying can really be disputed.

K State is better than us to begin with. I thought we played pretty well to stay with them under the circumstances.

Big Frog II

Playing last night and then again today at 1:30 did us no favor. Pretty sure they were tired in the second half with only 2 guys on the bench for rest.

Froggish

Coming into the game Frogs avg 13.56 TOs a game. We outdid ourselves in this one.

Is that just conference games or include the entire slate?....Bet we are worse then that against conference opponents..

Just like football, “conference only” stats are far more relevant to the health of a program as that’s the one place you can truly measure yourself against your peers

netty2424

Never said the game was a foregone conclusion. We almost won today. Everyone acknowledges the team has flaws even when they are totally rested so it's only going to be exaggerated when they're fatigued. I'm not sure how any of what I'm saying can really be disputed.

K State is better than us to begin with. I thought we played pretty well to stay with them under the circumstances.
Sorry, I wasn’t saying you specifically were saying the L is a foregone conclusion. Just seems to be the common narrative at this point. I’m just bored with the tired/exhausted posts. Is what it is.

I can count 3-4 other more pressing reasons we lost that game other than being tired. We were within 3 with less than a minute if I’m not mistaken.

And the reality is, most teams benches outside of player 6-7 don’t get many meaningful minutes anyways. It’s a talking point to burn minutes on broadcast.

Now playing two games in 24 hours against an opponent who hasn’t, that’s more of a factor to me than a 7 man bench. It’s not like Alok, and Mayen, and McWilliams, and Barlow would’ve come in and taken over that game.