• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Cal - NCAA Regionals - Friday Game

TCUdirtbag

No, you generally pitch your ace first because if you don’t win the first game you’re usually screwed.

We saved Lodolo for the potential matchup against Arkansas because we aren’t as good as them (generally speaking) and to beat them we will likely need the advantage of Lodolo on the mound.

It’s a risky strategy but I think most TCU fans agreed with it (partly because we feel like we are playing with house money at this point and we may as well roll the dice)

Completely agree.
I'd add that this is particularly true in a 3 seed–2 seed matchup. Frog fans are used to seeing more lopsided 1 seed–4 seed matchups at Lupton when national seed TCU is hosting some northeastern AQ team. In some of those matchups we've thrown our second starter. This team and this matchup tonight are very different and the risk in holding Lodolo was very high. Still a lot of game left, but barring a meltdown it loos like we have a chance to see potential high reward.

TCUdirtbag

Need some lesser used relievers to get some work to finish the game...save King for tomorrow....

Man, I dunno. There's a lot of game left. I see your point, but we can't afford to blow this. I wouldn't pull him. If he can stay under 30 pitches maybe he can throw Sunday.

Punter1

We are gonna get to 12 runs probably....no way we give 10 runs.

Only thought is King warmed out so long he is kinda burned for the day anyways....